New interview with Chris

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

It's very unlikely that Chris will change
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

I think it is a matter of opinion as to whether a musician's output has become predictable/boring/banal/lift music etc. A lot of TD fans feel that they have become exactly that.....and I'm afraid I'm guilty of this - so its expected that others will feel that way about CF. I have the advantage of having heard 4 hours of his music, most of you guys will only have heard snippets as background music in Supernanny etc so your comments are based on somewhat lesser information and based on what you have heard, your comments are quite reasonable. More is the pity that CF doesn't put out his best tracks for fan consumption. Certainly, there is enough amongst the lift-music library collection to compile a really nice cd of a variety of styles. Having said that, when a friend (TD fan) listened to one of my fav tracks which was very much a 'garage/dance' type track - he hated it - he wanted to hear something like Ricochet!!! Therein lies the problem- a lot of fans cling to the old style and hate and real deviation from that - again wanting to put a strait-jacket around the musicians ability to develop and expand into new directions. Didn't a lot of Floyd fans harp when they produced 'The Wall'?? Yet The Rolling Stones churn out years old material at sell-out concerts to keep fans happy! Where is the artist development in that?
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Rubyconesque wrote:I think it is a matter of opinion as to whether a musician's output has become predictable/boring/banal/lift music etc. A lot of TD fans feel that they have become exactly that.....and I'm afraid I'm guilty of this - so its expected that others will feel that way about CF. I have the advantage of having heard 4 hours of his music, most of you guys will only have heard snippets as background music in Supernanny etc so your comments are based on somewhat lesser information and based on what you have heard, your comments are quite reasonable. More is the pity that CF doesn't put out his best tracks for fan consumption. Certainly, there is enough amongst the lift-music library collection to compile a really nice cd of a variety of styles. Having said that, when a friend (TD fan) listened to one of my fav tracks which was very much a 'garage/dance' type track - he hated it - he wanted to hear something like Ricochet!!! Therein lies the problem- a lot of fans cling to the old style and hate and real deviation from that - again wanting to put a strait-jacket around the musicians ability to develop and expand into new directions. Didn't a lot of Floyd fans harp when they produced 'The Wall'?? Yet The Rolling Stones churn out years old material at sell-out concerts to keep fans happy! Where is the artist development in that?
Chris Franke does not seem to have pleased either the people who pine for another Ricochet, nor the people who are happy where TD is now. I think this is because his soundtrack music for the most part is so bland, that no one can get worked up about it. They just kept on waiting for a real album to appear one day. Finally, after oh so many years of waiting, they forgot most about him and went on to more productive pastures. That's certainly how I ended up. I enjoyed his solo recordings up to the Celestine Prophecy. But nothing ever came after that. I just gave up on him. I used to have a lot of respect and admiration for Franke. Now I can barely remember him much. He is free to do his own thing of course. But I am not interested in following him anymore.
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Chris Franke does not seem to have pleased either the people who pine for another Ricochet, nor the people who are happy where TD is now. I think this is because his soundtrack music for the most part is so bland, that no one can get worked up about it. They just kept on waiting for a real album to appear one day. Finally, after oh so many years of waiting, they forgot most about him and went on to more productive pastures. That's certainly how I ended up. I enjoyed his solo recordings up to the Celestine Prophecy. But nothing ever came after that. I just gave up on him. I used to have a lot of respect and admiration for Franke. Now I can barely remember him much. He is free to do his own thing of course. But I am not interested in following him anymore.[/quote]

Chris is enjoying doing his own thing - which brings him very ample rewards - he isn't going to lose any sleep about fans not following him - .he's beyond the point where he desires adoration ...which is the primary reason bands go back on the road time and time again - often well past their sell-by date. He is happy to develop and expand his ideas within the current framework that Hollywood provides.