The New situation - What is going on?

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I still find it hard to believe that JF would take no part in the 40th Anniversary concerts............but maybe just maybe i could be wrong :arrow:
It would be tragic without him, indeed.

I've been thinking about travelling to London to see the show, but will probably settle for a Jerome gig over TD, as I'm not too crazy about the Madcap direction (bongos... guitarists... horns... vocalists...)

Very much digging the forthcoming Jerome track...
It would be cheaper, but you could get a venue like the Water Rats!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

If you take a look at the songs on the PDF download, it would suggest that the old TDI stuff, written by Jerome, is being made available to bolster Moonpops' limited catalogue. Not so long ago Jerome was actively engaged in 'revamping' old TD music, and, this, allied to the apparent demise of the TDI label, is probably the most sensible way to proceed. Whether Jerome will remain a band member is another matter entirely.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

prophetfive wrote:If you take a look at the songs on the PDF download, it would suggest that the old TDI stuff, written by Jerome, is being made available to bolster Moonpops' limited catalogue. Not so long ago Jerome was actively engaged in 'revamping' old TD music, and, this, allied to the apparent demise of the TDI label, is probably the most sensible way to proceed. Whether Jerome will remain a band member is another matter entirely.
IMO, the two are inextricably linked.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
prophetfive wrote:If you take a look at the songs on the PDF download, it would suggest that the old TDI stuff, written by Jerome, is being made available to bolster Moonpops' limited catalogue. Not so long ago Jerome was actively engaged in 'revamping' old TD music, and, this, allied to the apparent demise of the TDI label, is probably the most sensible way to proceed. Whether Jerome will remain a band member is another matter entirely.
IMO, the two are inextricably linked.

and i think you are correct :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

I think Jeromes "absence" (I think it is too early to say departure) is possibly down to their now being two other influences on Edgar & the musical direction of TD:

Bianca & Thorsten.

Maybe Jerome is a bit like me. Not too enchanted with MFD.

He has, after all, garned a lot of acclaim for Neptunes & his solo gigs, & you can't exactly say there is much in common with his solo work & the last few offerings from TD.

Just a thought.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Echosnare wrote:I think Jeromes "absence" (I think it is too early to say departure) is possibly down to their now being two other influences on Edgar & the musical direction of TD:

Bianca & Thorsten.

He has, after all, garned a lot of acclaim for Neptunes & his solo gigs, & you can't exactly say there is much in common with his solo work & the last few offerings from TD.

Just a thought.
I'm sure you're right Graeme. It's no secret that Jerome isn't too enamoured of some of TD's recent output.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Echosnare wrote:I think Jeromes "absence" (I think it is too early to say departure) is possibly down to their now being two other influences on Edgar & the musical direction of TD:

Bianca & Thorsten.

Just a thought.

Good points there Graeme :arrow: and im thinking along the same lines :wink:
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I love the title of Jeromes up and coming CD 'Shiver Me Timbers' a bit tongue in cheek. The lad's got a sense of humour :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

I just hope that JF doesn't do either a CF or PB on us, & we keep getting new music from him. (I know CF has produced lots of stuff, but IMO, most of it is naff, and you can only take so many Babylon 5 soundtracks.....)

The fiddling with the back catalogue is a worry, & IMO, an unnecessary distraction from producing said new music.

At least with "Shiver", I have something to look forward to from the Froese family in the near future!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

As TD are to play some older material at the Astoria gig, it would be great if Jerome were on stage for this, if not for the MFD stuff.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:As TD are to play some older material at the Astoria gig, it would be great if Jerome were on stage for this, if not for the MFD stuff.

Will be interesting to see if he is there,but i have a nagging doubt for some reason :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:As TD are to play some older material at the Astoria gig, it would be great if Jerome were on stage for this, if not for the MFD stuff.

Will be interesting to see if he is there,but i have a nagging doubt for some reason :arrow:
Off an Tangent (pun intended) I doubt whether the Astoria stage can take 3 keyboard players, plus singer, guitarists, singer, percussion and sax player.
I'd be very surprised if Jerome is involved at all, afterall the music involves 'vocals' which Jerome says he has no talent for, and some early tracks, which he doesn't like.
Just a guess though, nothing more
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Off an Tangent (pun intended) I doubt whether the Astoria stage can take 3 keyboard players, plus singer, guitarists, singer, percussion and sax player.
I'd be very surprised if Jerome is involved at all, afterall the music involves 'vocals' which Jerome says he has no talent for, and some early tracks, which he doesn't like.

I think you are correct in what you say Andy,the chances seem very remote but we may get an unexpected surprise :arrow: I honestly think he will be involved in other 40th anniversary concerts that will be of a similar track collection to SBE 05 and the Tempodrom :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I think you are correct in what you say Andy,the chances seem very remote but we may get an unexpected surprise :arrow: I honestly think he will be involved in other 40th anniversary concerts that will be of a similar track collection to SBE 05 and the Tempodrom :wink:
I agree mate. However I think TD are going to do something different for the 40th anniversary, musically or visually. Time will tell I guess
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Off an Tangent (pun intended) I doubt whether the Astoria stage can take 3 keyboard players, plus singer, guitarists, singer, percussion and sax player.

I agree mate. However I think TD are going to do something different for the 40th anniversary, musically or visually. Time will tell I guess

If there is one thing that would get me very over excited,it would be the sight of John Anderson walking on stage and singing "Loved by The Sun" they would have to put me on the oxygen bottles :arrow: what a thought :arrow: