Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
Posts: 356
Location: Edgar's dried Quinoa pantry
I don't know wether you guys have read on the Moonpop site, Jerome and Moonpop have brought the rights of 80 of Jeromes songs from Tangerine Dream and they are going to be re-packaged. And most TD albums from 1990 and 2006 are going to be arranged. Blimey

http://www.moonpop.org/news/2007/1581.html
:!: :!: :!: :!:

_________________
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
No idea, but I have an opinion ;)

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... asses.html

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Froesesque wrote:
I don't know wether you guys have read on the Moonpop site, Jerome and Moonpop have brought the rights of 80 of Jeromes songs from Tangerine Dream and they are going to be re-packaged. And most TD albums from 1990 and 2006 are going to be arranged. Blimey

http://www.moonpop.org/news/2007/1581.html
:!: :!: :!: :!:


Yep, read this and I'm not happy about it. I've yet to purchase most of the albums from this era and it would appear that they will soon become unavailable. The repackaged versions will doubtless be rearranged by Jerome, which is something I'm not likely to be interested in. If this is the case, then TD will have created one very disgruntled fan. :x

Those fans that already have the original albums, will be asked to put their hands in their pockets once again for remixes and repackaging. :x

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1706
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
But they don't *have* to buy them, do they... :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
No but you can sypathise with people who already have that whole body of work !.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Jon wrote:
But they don't *have* to buy them, do they... :o


No they don't and if the cd's are just repackaged then most would give it a miss. However, I'm sure Jerome/Moonpop realise this and the albums in question will be sufficiently remixed, so that fans will consider them different enough to warrant reaching for their credit cards. Shameless commercialism!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
May I vebture an opinion that the albums will be available as downloads?

I must admit to not caring for the whole "Tangentising" thing, although I understand the possible reasons for the original "Tangents" box set...

Could Jerome be sufficiently unhappy with the original mixes of his work that he wants to completely re-work them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
In all honesty I can't see what the fuss is all about, TD aren't the only source of discs, therefore there'll be thousands of copies of their old discs kicking about on various websites for years to come. Chances are you'll even get them cheaper than TD/Eastgate. Having said I do appreciate that people get frustrated with TD's business/es from time to time.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
In all honesty I can't see what the fuss is all about, TD aren't the only source of discs, therefore there'll be thousands of copies of their old discs kicking about on various websites for years to come. Chances are you'll even get them cheaper than TD/Eastgate. Having said I do appreciate that people get frustrated with TD's business/es from time to time.


Mmmmm, not convinced and the more scarce they become, the higher the prices will go. Some of these albums will already be in limited supply.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
DSJR wrote:
May I vebture an opinion that the albums will be available as downloads?

I must admit to not caring for the whole "Tangentising" thing, although I understand the possible reasons for the original "Tangents" box set...

Could Jerome be sufficiently unhappy with the original mixes of his work that he wants to completely re-work them?


Personally. I'm not interested in downloads. If I like the album enough to want to purchase it, I want a physical object in my hands.

With regard to Jerome, I don't think it's a question of him being unhappy. I just don't see there being any point in owning the rights to the music and not releasing it. If he is to do that, I would imagine it would have to be in a different format to the original, or there would be no point in altering the present arrangements.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I got an e mail from CDS yesterday selling all th TDI catalogue for 5.99 each. Along with the double packs last month is TD trying to get rid of their stock :shock: Maybe they just aren't selling that well who knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Continuity could be a probelm with re mixing / adding new tracks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Hobo wrote:
Jon wrote:
But they don't *have* to buy them, do they... :o


No they don't and if the cd's are just repackaged then most would give it a miss. However, I'm sure Jerome/Moonpop realise this and the albums in question will be sufficiently remixed, so that fans will consider them different enough to warrant reaching for their credit cards. Shameless commercialism!

Shameless commercialism, it probably is but it is also a great way for Jerome to get the Moonpop label up and running. I'm not condoning this action but it does make a lot of sense. As for whether or not I'll buy into this, that will depend on what the music has to offer. I suspect that the target of this step is not the long-term TD fan but a new generation of converts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
There have been some increasingly weird and wacky theories about all of this :? It wouldn't take much from either side to clear things up

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
sparrow wrote:
I got an e mail from CDS yesterday selling all th TDI catalogue for 5.99 each. Along with the double packs last month is TD trying to get rid of their stock :shock: Maybe they just aren't selling that well who knows.

My guess; TD are clearing their stocks so that they aren't competing with the Moonpop releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage