The New situation - What is going on?

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I got an e mail from CDS yesterday selling all th TDI catalogue for 5.99 each. Along with the double packs last month is TD trying to get rid of their stock :shock: Maybe they just aren't selling that well who knows.
My guess; TD are clearing their stocks so that they aren't competing with the Moonpop releases.
I think you're probably right. Can't see myself buying the Moonpop ones though.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Had the feeling for some time that Jerome has become a little disenchanted with the direction papa has taken TD, especially with the Inferno stuff. He is certainly talented enough to make it on his own, and I for one eagerly await his new album. Maybe he sees Madcaps as another move in the wrong direction?
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

I agree 100% with the above post, that Jerome didn't/doesn't care for the vocal direction EF is taking TD. I know I don't, if I wanted vocals, I'd slip in a Depeche Mode cd. I was attracted to TD BECAUSE there were no vocals. Hopefully, Madcap is a one off.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:I got an e mail from CDS yesterday selling all th TDI catalogue for 5.99 each. Along with the double packs last month is TD trying to get rid of their stock :shock: Maybe they just aren't selling that well who knows.
Still full price (and overpriced) according to their website (and it is a very poor website).
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
Still full price (and overpriced) according to their website (and it is a very poor website).
Their website has never been updated since it's launch Mick. It is absolutely useless I agree.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:

Must admit its not that good a site at all :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

The best bet is to e-mail CDS at: orders@cd-services.com / info@cd-services.com and inquire about stock, or better still, get on the mailing list. That way you will get all the special offer & new release info as it is announced.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Chris Monk wrote:
My guess; TD are clearing their stocks so that they aren't competing with the Moonpop releases.
I'm thinking it's got to do more with LEGAL issues (after all, we can't exactly say Edgar has been the consumate business man when it comes to TDI.) Why else would the ENTIRE catalog be getting the axe.

IMHO, of course.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Beaubourg wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I'm thinking it's got to do more with LEGAL issues (after all, we can't exactly say Edgar has been the consumate business man when it comes to TDI.) Why else would the ENTIRE catalog be getting the axe.

IMHO, of course.
In fairness, they didn't say the entire catalogue, just most of the releases between 1990 and 2006.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Hobo wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: My guess; TD are clearing their stocks so that they aren't competing with the Moonpop releases.

IMHO, of course.
In fairness, they didn't say the entire catalogue, just most of the releases between 1990 and 2006.
That is true - however actually deleting catalog items indicates to me that it is something serious concerning legal parameters or a serious grift between Edgar and Jerome.
Hopefully we'll find out.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Beaubourg wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Beaubourg wrote: I'm thinking it's got to do more with LEGAL issues (after all, we can't exactly say Edgar has been the consumate business man when it comes to TDI.) Why else would the ENTIRE catalog be getting the axe.

IMHO, of course.
That is true - however actually deleting catalog items indicates to me that it is something serious concerning legal parameters or a serious grift between Edgar and Jerome.
I think Jerome is going his own way, otherwise there would be no need to rerelease these titles with Moonpop branding. Hopefully any parting of the ways, is amicable. It would be nice to hear an official announcement, to stop all this conjecture!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I still find it hard to believe that JF would take no part in the 40th Anniversary concerts............but maybe just maybe i could be wrong :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Echosnare wrote:The best bet is to e-mail CDS at: orders@cd-services.com / info@cd-services.com and inquire about stock, or better still, get on the mailing list. That way you will get all the special offer & new release info as it is announced.
Sound advice. I've been using CDS for years. Never bother with the website, just wait for them to email me. Seems to work well.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Beaubourg wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Beaubourg wrote: I'm thinking it's got to do more with LEGAL issues (after all, we can't exactly say Edgar has been the consumate business man when it comes to TDI.) Why else would the ENTIRE catalog be getting the axe.

IMHO, of course.
Of course it could be complete opposite. Edgar has given Jerome back his compositions and doesn't want to put Moonpop out of business by competing.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:I still find it hard to believe that JF would take no part in the 40th Anniversary concerts............but maybe just maybe i could be wrong :arrow:
It would be tragic without him, indeed.

I've been thinking about travelling to London to see the show, but will probably settle for a Jerome gig over TD, as I'm not too crazy about the Madcap direction (bongos... guitarists... horns... vocalists...)

Very much digging the forthcoming Jerome track...