MOONPOP website re-designed

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:I think I'll pass on the Neptunes review.

Come on Mick..............give it a go mate :wink:
I'm not too h o t at the review thing Colin and besides, Neptunes isn't one of my favourites.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Come on Mick..............give it a go mate :wink:
I'm not too h o t at the review thing Colin and besides, Neptunes isn't one of my favourites.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: everyone to their own Mick :wink: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bm review now up

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:bm review now up

Excellent review Mr Moog,i told you to keep on that whiskey :shock: :wink: :lol:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:Hey guys...............Why not write a review for Jerome's Neptunes :idea:
I once did! It's on my website. http://pertou.dk/td/eng-solo2.htm
24db

Post by 24db »

Mick, you don't really rate Neptunes, and MFD isn't your cup of tea, so I want to ask which of the recent crop of TD CD's (if any) you really like, not just like a bit? I'm just interested as you said you stopped listening to TD and then came back to their music many years later.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Mick, you don't really rate Neptunes, and MFD isn't your cup of tea, so I want to ask which of the recent crop of TD CD's (if any) you really like, not just like a bit? I'm just interested as you said you stopped listening to TD and then came back to their music many years later.
I haven't heard all the recent releases, but I really like the first 3 tracks on Metaphor (they get better with each listening). I like Dream Of Death on MFD and Jeanne D'Arc is a pretty strong album. There are some excellent recent versions of classics on TD Plays TD and EF's and TQ's tracks on Roadmap To Music are very good too.

MFD as an album doesn't work for me because of the amount of vocal. I usually wish TD albums were longer, but this one should have 20 minutes shaved off it. Neptunes just doesn't float my boat (the exception being At Marianas Trench). Most of the tracks start very promisingly, but then wander aimlessly IMO.

I don't dislike any of the recent stuff I have heard, but my view is some of it seems rushed and mediocre. For the sake of my ears and wallet, I wish TD would slow down and take a more measured approach. I realise I am in the minority here, but I speak as I find.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
I haven't heard all the recent releases, but I really like the first 3 tracks on Metaphor (they get better with each listening). I like Dream Of Death on MFD and Jeanne D'Arc is a pretty strong album. There are some excellent recent versions of classics on TD Plays TD and EF's and TQ's tracks on Roadmap To Music are very good too.

MFD as an album doesn't work for me because of the amount of vocal. I usually wish TD albums were longer, but this one should have 20 minutes shaved off it. Neptunes just doesn't float my boat (the exception being At Marianas Trench). Most of the tracks start very promisingly, but then wander aimlessly IMO.

I don't dislike any of the recent stuff I have heard, but my view is some of it seems rushed and mediocre. For the sake of my ears and wallet, I wish TD would slow down and take a more measured approach. I realise I am in the minority here, but I speak as I find.
Cheers Mick, btw I hope that didn't come across as if I was having a pop at you, I'm just interested in which albums or tracks you find good in TD's recent output. Everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want afterall. I kind of agree about MFD being a tad long I would have lost parts of Astrophel and Stella, The Divorce and Man, but they weren't asking me. Anyway I really like the rest of the album, brilliant TD, albeit totally different to what we've grown acustomed to.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Mick, you don't really rate Neptunes, and MFD isn't your cup of tea, so I want to ask which of the recent crop of TD CD's (if any) you really like, not just like a bit? I'm just interested as you said you stopped listening to TD and then came back to their music many years later.

Cheers Mick, btw I hope that didn't come across as if I was having a pop at you, I'm just interested in which albums or tracks you find good in TD's recent output. Everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want afterall. I kind of agree about MFD being a tad long I would have lost parts of Astrophel and Stella, The Divorce and Man, but they weren't asking me. Anyway I really like the rest of the album, brilliant TD, albeit totally different to what we've grown acustomed to.
I wish I was as enthusiastic about this album as you are Andy, but it's a bit of a disappointment for me (although I still applaud them for trying it). Still, there are plenty of positives with other recent releases and if TD mix the new releases with some classics at the Astoria, I'll be a happy man.
24db

Post by 24db »

Each to their own mate, some TD albums will appeal, some won't. There's no right or wrong, (or correct) response to music, it's always personal and you certainly can't pretend to like music you don't, that would be pointless.

It always boils down to 'music should be enjoyed', it doesn't make any difference how much others wax lyrical about it.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just been reading some reviews of Jerome's Neptunes on the Qybersounds website.

There's one by an Andy King, one by a Colin Jouxson and another one with the very unlikely name of BigMoog, surely all these names have been made up. :wink:

Can't be any one from here since they all make perfect sense. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Just been reading some reviews of Jerome's Neptunes on the Qybersounds website.

There's one by an Andy King, one by a Colin Jouxson and another one with the very unlikely name of BigMoog, surely all these names have been made up. :wink:

the names have been changed to protect the innocent ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM will now prepare review of SHiver Me TimbeRs* :arrow:

*which BM is reliably informed by the lovely cover photo and by using the power of the froese, will be even better than NEP-TUNES.......which help you breathe more easily :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:Just been reading some reviews of Jerome's Neptunes on the Qybersounds website.

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

24db wrote:Each to their own mate, some TD albums will appeal, some won't. There's no right or wrong, (or correct) response to music, it's always personal and you certainly can't pretend to like music you don't, that would be pointless.

It always boils down to 'music should be enjoyed', it doesn't make any difference how much others wax lyrical about it.
It's really good to see the amount of people who like this album, although I've got to say that I do respect people like Mick and Graeme who don't like it, they don't go with the crowd just for a quiet life.