PAUL HASLINGER - Death Race

Janus
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

PAUL HASLINGER - Death Race

Post by Janus »

Came across this recent clip (promo) of Paul's work on Death Race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULgVwA0 ... re=related
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bigmoog

Re: PAUL HASLINGER - Death Race

Post by bigmoog »

Janus wrote:Came across this recent clip (promo) of Paul's work on Death Race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULgVwA0 ... re=related

The BIGMOOG went to mow a meadow, er....went to see Death Race recently, purely as a homage to the original classic filum......the new version while cobblers, was very enjoyable....and the score was adequate :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

When you listen to the director and Paul you think you're getting Beethoven, sadly when lstened to the soundtrack you actually get Black Lace
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:When you listen to the director and Paul you think you're getting Beethoven, sadly when lstened to the soundtrack you actually get Black Lace

agaDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:When you listen to the director and Paul you think you're getting Beethoven, sadly when lstened to the soundtrack you actually get Black Lace

don't knock it, it's a classic of our time, besides if they didn't write it holiday camps would only have the Birdy Song...and who wants to hear that for 5 hours a night at the under 15's disco?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:

Im quite fond of thee dirty version 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Very true. Lots of dramatic chords but not much in the way of music.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
When you listen to Paul's description you'd be lead into thinking that he's come up with something different to the usual Hollywood 'by the numbers' score, but having heard it I don't think he's come anywhere near. However I'm sure it works well with the movie.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:
Many composers fall into this trap. As much as I like Hans Zimmer and his proteges, they churn out scores like they've come from a conveyor belt.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Many composers fall into this trap. As much as I like Hans Zimmer and his proteges, they churn out scores like they've come from a conveyor belt.
... a bit like the average Hollywood film these days. :roll:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Very true. Lots of dramatic chords but not much in the way of music.
It's ironic that Paul criticises TD, well that's a bit harsh actually, let's just call it an observation, that they basically did one style of music all the time and that was just about different enough to get them work in Hollywood. Whereas Paul (with all that talent) finds himself producing basically the same air-brushed stuff that could be produced by most of the top names in Hollywood, whilst IMHO never really creating a signature sound for himself*. To be fair perhaps a Hollywood composer needs to be a cameleon these days, it's just a shame that the conveyor belt process and perhaps more importantly, the need to please everyone from the director downwards often results in music that cannot stand alone from the picture, or IMHO stay in my mind until the end of the CD.

*I think most of us could spot a Hermann, Goldsmith, Williams or Barry soundtrack a mile off, but in all honesty can you say that about Paul?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
wayfarer wrote: Many composers fall into this trap. As much as I like Hans Zimmer and his proteges, they churn out scores like they've come from a conveyor belt.
It's ironic that Paul criticises TD, well that's a bit harsh actually, let's just call it an observation, that they basically did one style of music all the time and that was just about different enough to get them work in Hollywood. Whereas Paul (with all that talent) finds himself producing basically the same air-brushed stuff that could be produced by most of the top names in Hollywood, whilst IMHO never really creating a signature sound for himself*. To be fair perhaps a Hollywood composer needs to be a cameleon these days, it's just a shame that the conveyor belt process and perhaps more importantly, the need to please everyone from the director downwards often results in music that cannot stand alone from the picture, or IMHO stay in my mind until the end of the CD.

*I think most of us could spot a Hermann, Goldsmith, Williams or Barry soundtrack a mile off, but in all honesty can you say that about Paul?

Paul who ???
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
wayfarer wrote: Many composers fall into this trap. As much as I like Hans Zimmer and his proteges, they churn out scores like they've come from a conveyor belt.

Not in the slightest! It'd be like trying to distinguish between two makes of cheese and tomato pizza. :roll:
hansx

Post by hansx »

i have downloaded this one once. Glad that I didn't buy it. I can' t say it has anything to do with TD or synth. :(
24db

Post by 24db »

I saw Death Race in the bargain bin a few weeks back...sad really