Johannes Schmoelling - White Out

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Johannes Schmoelling - White Out

Post by hansx »

And what to think of White Out? A marvellous album. More experimental, but without a doubt Johannes Schmoelling. Think it is great. Like this one also very much.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

It`s my favorite album by JS. A real diamond of an album.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have it and its my favorite JS album.........the original Polydor getting hard to find now :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Can't make up my mind whether Wuivend Riet, Zoo of Tranquility or White Out is my favourite JS album. They are all pretty top-notch as far I'm concerned.

I just love the keyboard solo on A Great Continent. Perfection.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:I have it and its my favorite JS album.........the original Polydor getting hard to find now :arrow:

One on Ebay at present - asking price £50
24db

Post by 24db »

fantastic album..look for the even rarer version of the CD with the boat reversed
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

white out , best thing mr schmoelling has done to date :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Can't make up my mind whether Wuivend Riet, Zoo of Tranquility or White Out is my favourite JS album. They are all pretty top-notch as far I'm concerned.

I just love the keyboard solo on A Great Continent. Perfection.
For me, White Out is favourite form these 3.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

my fave is without a doubt Zoo Of Tranquility but the original Theta version. I only have the re-rerecorded version of White Out, is it much different to the original?

Ps. If anyone has an original of Zoo Of Tranquility cd on the Theta label, please let me know and name your price. Desperate to get a copy of this great album.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

24db wrote:fantastic album..look for the even rarer version of the CD with the boat reversed
Agreed a superb release I have got the rarer version.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:my fave is without a doubt Zoo Of Tranquility but the original Theta version. I only have the re-rerecorded version of White Out, is it much different to the original?

Ps. If anyone has an original of Zoo Of Tranquility cd on the Theta label, please let me know and name your price. Desperate to get a copy of this great album.
I have it Mike very reluctant to part with it, but I have just splashed out on a car so how about 12 Grand :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

A Theta copy of 'Zoo' sold for £32 on Ebay yesterday !
synthman1

Post by synthman1 »

I only have the re-rerecorded version of White Out, is it much different to the original?
They are different. Not different like the original Stratosfear version compared to the remake or different like the original Tangram to the new. Not nearly as “Tangized”, if that’s the definition.

Most of the songs remain true to their original counterparts intent and tone. One exception is Native Eye, Native Ear. The original version is far, far better and really a different song. The remake appears to be recomposed and arranged from scratch, where it highlights the basic framework of the original concept. The original is a real cracker and is a great deal more spontaneous. I encourage any fans of this work to listen to it if you can.

There is some rearrangement of how A Great Continent unfolds. Its been a while since I listened to both versions. Ice Walk is pretty much the same as I remember, with the edge going to the remake.

The same hold true for the two versions of Zoo. Unlike most reworked albums where the original is superior, on both versions of White Out and Zoo, I prefer different songs on each versions.

The great think about JS is when he releases an album, you really don’t know what you are in for. All his albums are so different and fresh. One album that always stuck out to me was Songs, No Words as being the lone sheep and being the least quintessential sounding JS album if I had to pick one.

This album has a different feel in its production value. Not better or worse, but more external influence from a producing/lable standpoint.