Johannes Schmoelling - Early Beginnings

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: fess up then :)
To what ? :shock:
CD numbers and alarm codes? ;)
Alarm code ********* :D

CD Numbers approx 8

000 :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

ouch...eBay time Tim ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:ouch...eBay time Tim ;)

Hmmm ! well maybe for the Mrs's 7500 ! :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:

Spice Girls,S Club 7 etc :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:

Spice Girls,S Club 7 etc :wink:

Hey ! they're mine :shock: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:

I sometimes think it would be cheaper making houses out of Jewel cases...they'd certainly be more solid. I gave up counting how many discs I own years ago...but having said I've sold a load recently (mind I've bought quite a few as well :D)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:

I sometimes think it would be cheaper making houses out of Jewel cases...they'd certainly be more solid. I gave up counting how many discs I own years ago...but having said I've sold a load recently (mind I've bought quite a few as well :D)
Ive never understood why they manufacture jewel cases out of such brittle plastic !

I had a collegue in my last job , who had no brain when it came to getting CDs out of the jewel cases. Like DVD's now have the push in piece to release the disc off the spline, he thought you pressed down on the centre spline of the jewel case :evil:

I've got so many CDs that always fall on the floor as soon as you open the case :( :evil:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

I keep mine in cd albums, takes less space, especially when you have over 2,000 cds including TD, KS, Soundtracks, Rock, and other music as well. I made a fortune on blank jewel cases. Well, not that much, but a lot more than I thought I would sell them for. :D
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Although a lot of the material doesn't quite come off for me I do wonder if maybe compositionally Johannes is stronger than Edgar. I have been listening to Instant City which I think is less quirky than most of Johannes's albums and in a way more tangerine dream like. I somehow think that had Instant City been a Tangerine Dream release or a solo Edgar release we would all be marvelling at the overall strength of the tracks. I honestly think that a "best of" Johannes release including most of White Out would actually be a match for a best of Edgar Release. The great shame of course is that they are not still working together.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Early Beginnings is fantastic! :-)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Although a lot of the material doesn't quite come off for me I do wonder if maybe compositionally Johannes is stronger than Edgar. I have been listening to Instant City which I think is less quirky than most of Johannes's albums and in a way more tangerine dream like. I somehow think that had Instant City been a Tangerine Dream release or a solo Edgar release we would all be marvelling at the overall strength of the tracks. I honestly think that a "best of" Johannes release including most of White Out would actually be a match for a best of Edgar Release. The great shame of course is that they are not still working together.
There is definitely a certain "chemistry" between Edgar and Johannes, this is obvious on Kyoto. However, unless either has some archive material, yet to be released, I fear your request may never be answered mate. :cry: :wink: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:Although a lot of the material doesn't quite come off for me I do wonder if maybe compositionally Johannes is stronger than Edgar. I have been listening to Instant City which I think is less quirky than most of Johannes's albums and in a way more tangerine dream like. I somehow think that had Instant City been a Tangerine Dream release or a solo Edgar release we would all be marvelling at the overall strength of the tracks. I honestly think that a "best of" Johannes release including most of White Out would actually be a match for a best of Edgar Release. The great shame of course is that they are not still working together.
There is definitely a certain "chemistry" between Edgar and Johannes, this is obvious on Kyoto. However, unless either has some archive material, yet to be released, I fear your request may never be answered mate. :cry: :wink: :arrow:
the way that TD composed in those days probably means that there is little or no material left to release
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote:
I am a big fan of "Kyoto" especially the superb "Chilly Moons" 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
I am a big fan of "Kyoto" especially the superb "Chilly Moons" 8) 8) 8)
Also my favorite cut from a cool album. I have "chilly moons" on a couple of photo slideshows that I made.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!