Would Johannes Schmoelling Ever Do A UK Concert For Us ?

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

billythefish wrote:The thing is, the music industry is changing and there is much more emphasis on live performances than there once was. Unless you're managing to get by on soundtracks or gaming music (or a large back catalogue), the live situation is pretty much the only way to make decent money now.
Very true Stephen...I heard an interview with one of the guys in Blue Oyster Cult and he more or less said they have to tour to keep a steady income. The money they make from album sales is minimal. :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Artists need to be more creative to make money from album sales. Radiohead did a good thing with pay your price for their last album, The Verve had various offers on their last album. You could buy the CD with a limited edition pack, it cost almost 40 pounds but you got some good stuff with it. I think Radiohead did something like that with their album as well.

In a way the hardcore fanbase end up subsidising the cheapskates but its nice to see bands trying to get fans to buy the music rather than download for free.

I like the fact TD offer little extras sometimes with the CD albums as well.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:I can't see Johannes even being tempted to do concert.
me neither, and that is a damned shame. :cry:
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Johannes learned a lot from TD. Likewise, his stint with the band culminated in one of the finest pieces of music ever released by the group, aka POLAND. If he's happy in what he does, then, that's his choice. He is one very talented musician, who chooses NOT to perform LIVE. Respect him for that :!: :wink: :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Johannes learned a lot from TD. Likewise, his stint with the band culminated in one of the finest pieces of music ever released by the group, aka POLAND. If he's happy in what he does, then, that's his choice. He is one very talented musician, who chooses NOT to perform LIVE. Respect him for that :!: :wink: :arrow:
Of course we do. But that doesn' t mean that we are very sorry that he doesn't act on the playground. :(
Mars

Post by Mars »

My wish is that Johannes and Edgar played Kyoto Live in Concert! And with additional solo stuff from both of them! Think that would make a Great gig! " An Evening with Edgar & Johannes" :-)
timer

Post by timer »

Mars wrote:My wish is that Johannes and Edgar played Kyoto Live in Concert! And with additional solo stuff from both of them! Think that would make a Great gig! " An Evening with Edgar & Johannes" :-)
Sounds great ! as long as they chuck in a few choice cuts from The Keep and Logos 8)
Mars

Post by Mars »

timer wrote:
Mars wrote:My wish is that Johannes and Edgar played Kyoto Live in Concert! And with additional solo stuff from both of them! Think that would make a Great gig! " An Evening with Edgar & Johannes" :-)
Sounds great ! as long as they chuck in a few choice cuts from The Keep and Logos 8)
Totally agree with you on that one Tim! :-)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

A recent email reply i had i think i have more chance of being Pope than EF & JS playing live or recording another album together :cry:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:A recent email reply i had i think i have more chance of being Pope than EF & JS playing live or recording another album together :cry:
Got that one Darren :(
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.