Edgar Froese

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by ant »

:D Someone may really rave about a particular TD track which I find just ok and vice versa. We all have different likes and dislikes - that's what makes the world go around. With a band like TD who get very little (or no) air play then I just 'take a chance' and buy the cd/dvd without hearing any of it first. To me though I am not taking much of a chance because although there may be the odd track that I find just ok, I know that at least 90% of each release I am either going to like very much or even love to bits - and that is the case every time. They have yet to let me down and I don't think they ever will. Yes they have had some years when I personally thought their stuff was very poor for them (mainly 1991 to around 1995) but that period, thankfully is over and once again the mighty TD are riding high and producing some of their best material since 1990. Keep it coming Edgar 'cause I just can't get enough!! :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::D Someone may really rave about a particular TD track which I find just ok and vice versa. We all have different likes and dislikes - that's what makes the world go around. With a band like TD who get very little (or no) air play then I just 'take a chance' and buy the cd/dvd without hearing any of it first. To me though I am not taking much of a chance because although there may be the odd track that I find just ok, I know that at least 90% of each release I am either going to like very much or even love to bits - and that is the case every time. They have yet to let me down and I don't think they ever will. Yes they have had some years when I personally thought their stuff was very poor for them (mainly 1991 to around 1995) but that period, thankfully is over and once again the mighty TD are riding high and producing some of their best material since 1990. Keep it coming Edgar 'cause I just can't get enough!! :D
nicey said Ant
timer

Post by timer »

ant wrote::D Someone may really rave about a particular TD track which I find just ok and vice versa. We all have different likes and dislikes - that's what makes the world go around. With a band like TD who get very little (or no) air play then I just 'take a chance' and buy the cd/dvd without hearing any of it first. To me though I am not taking much of a chance because although there may be the odd track that I find just ok, I know that at least 90% of each release I am either going to like very much or even love to bits - and that is the case every time. They have yet to let me down and I don't think they ever will. Yes they have had some years when I personally thought their stuff was very poor for them (mainly 1991 to around 1995) but that period, thankfully is over and once again the mighty TD are riding high and producing some of their best material since 1990. Keep it coming Edgar 'cause I just can't get enough!! :D

As has been said on numerous occasions - Musical taste is a very personal thing. No music is rubbish, otherwise it wouldn't sell and the bands would dissapear.
Whilst also not being to into the early to mid 90's TD i imagine that they pulled a few new people in with direction which possibly on listening to earlier stuff thought :?
When making CD purchasing decisions (apart frm TD of course :roll: ). I take very little notice of the opinions of reviewers - otherwise Id have a CD collection I probably never listen too !.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
nicey said Ant
Smashy ant :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
nicey said Ant
Smashy ant :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
ouch! ;)...sorry Ant...typos at dawn
Last edited by 24db on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im usually the worst at those mate but that made me laugh :lol: :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You know everyone,people talk about musical kings within our
lifetime,so called musical kings receive awards like confetti,if your
face or name fits you walk the red carpet and broadway.

After 40 years of genial work that answers to noboby and follows no
absolute genre,i feel it is time that the real KING is at last honoured
by the red carpet brigade.

The name is Froese-----------Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:You know everyone,people talk about musical kings within our
lifetime,so called musical kings receive awards like confetti,if your
face or name fits you walk the red carpet and broadway.

After 40 years of genial work that answers to noboby and follows no
absolute genre,i feel it is time that the real KING is at last honoured
by the red carpet brigade.

The name is Froese-----------Edgar Froese

Perhaps, one day Edgar and TD will be inducted into the Rock Music Hall of fame, its only a matter of time...after all with such a huge body of work spanning 40 years it would be criminal if history does not judge TD an important musical force. Of course we, as fans can only keep the flame burning - while the 'media' affords TD a cold indifference - who cares really, we know TD are legendary.

8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Just have a read through of the hall of fame inductees, many are highly deserving of this accolade.....but there is a glaring omission...TD, and this is no sycophantic bleating - any one with any interest in the history of rock music must agree that TD should be there.

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I don't know... perhaps Edgar wouldn't want to be part of a list of musicians making music for the "entertainment paradise"? Edgar voiced in a lot of interviews that the fame/money part of being a musician is pretty irrelevant to him. Before nominating someone for something I think it'd be best to ask the nominee if he'd feel comfortable with the nomination...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:I don't know... perhaps Edgar wouldn't want to be part of a list of musicians making music for the "entertainment paradise"? Edgar voiced in a lot of interviews that the fame/money part of being a musician is pretty irrelevant to him. Before nominating someone for something I think it'd be best to ask the nominee if he'd feel comfortable with the nomination...
I see your point, as for BM:

[warning, pompous sycophancy follows]

Edgar is an artist [and I hope that he agrees with me], first and foremost, who happens to produce most of his artistic creativity through the medium of music....I as an afficianado of surrealist art, rate Edgar as one of the finest contemporary creatives, who has spent more than 40 years producing work in many media that by turns is challenging, interesting and full of the true meaning of art: the result not the process, and what a result :arrow:

perhaps it best to leave this for history to judge
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Is Edgar Plan too built his myspace page yet? Or Not? :?: :lol:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Is Edgar Plan too built his myspace page yet? Or Not? :?: :lol:

:!: :arrow:

Tangerine Dream have myspace
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »