NEW Interview with Jerome

jacob

Post by jacob »

Good find!
A very honest interview and also informative. Can't wait to hear more from him - the Powdermelt project in particular.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:Good find!
A very honest interview and also informative. Can't wait to hear more from him - the Powdermelt project in particular.
An excellent interview with Jerome IMHO. I've always thought he worked better alone
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:
An excellent interview with Jerome IMHO. I've always thought he worked better alone
Compromise can be a creative killer. On the other hand, dialogue can take you to a further level.
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote:
Compromise can be a creative killer. On the other hand, dialogue can take you to a further level.

hmmm...all I can add is that 'I' don't work well with other musicians, especially when improvising, but alone you know what you'll do next approx, therefore composing is easier...less arguments :)
jacob

Post by jacob »

Get that album released, I say! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:Get that album released, I say! :D
I will never record one...my music is for me, an exploration in sound. I found it a fascinating 'personal' journey.

Back to Jerome...shame there's no live stuff planned :(
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Nice interview, it`s a shame things dont seem to be cool between father and son. I find it strange he refers to him as Edgar rather than dad but then maybe it was always like that.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

very interesting interview and looks like a very honest one at that.
Maybe now all the rumours about Jeromes departure can be put to one side. Jerome states he wasnt fond of the percussion & sax side of the music been reintroduced.
Just from that interview,i wouldnt hold my breath for a TD reunion with Jerome.

Whatever i cant wait for spring09 and the follow up to SMT.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Nice interview Andy. Thanks for putting the link up.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Nice interview Andy. Thanks for putting the link up.
no problem, obviously the real thanks go to Bert for doing the interview
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

For most of us the work / life balance encompassess two totally different sets of people and scenarios. It is unfortunate that in this case, there may be occasions when it was difficult to draw a definite distinction between the two . It is not our place to speculate on the causes of any conflicts that may have took place suffice to say that I genuinely hope like all TD fans, that one day the relationship between father and son returns to its most prosperous, should it be what they both wish.

Whether TD ever becomes a mutual concern between the two of them in the future for me is no longer relevant, as long as they are both happy in the directions they choose to persue.
timer

Post by timer »

Great piece - thanks for posting Andy.

Always good to hear from Jerome and his projects - appears that he's keeping himself busy.

Will be very interesting to hear some of this new work. 8)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll Just looking forward too JF Albums.

:!: :arrow:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

great interview and very interesting.its a shame about the situation between jerome and edgar but i think most of us suspected that something in the td fold wasn't quite as it should have been. i hope they manage to sort out whatever differences they have, but i won't hold my breath regards jerome returning back to td :roll: :roll: