does linda spa play the synth in concert ?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Whether she's playing keyboards or not is immaterial to me, it's great having her on stage. I love her playing regardless of whether it's sax, clarinet, recorder or didgeridoo but most of all I love to hear her playing flute, there's just not enough of that IMHO.

Oh and I shalln't forget in a hurry her broad smile at the SBE show in 2005.
Not forgetting that she got the biggest cheer of the night. That was ironic considering some of the remarks you read
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Whether she's playing keyboards or not is immaterial to me, it's great having her on stage. I love her playing regardless of whether it's sax, clarinet, recorder or didgeridoo but most of all I love to hear her playing flute, there's just not enough of that IMHO.

Not forgetting that she got the biggest cheer of the night. That was ironic considering some of the remarks you read
I spoke to Linda about that and it was plain to see she was delighted with the reception that evening. 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:

You're not wrong there Andy. I've had the misfortune of reading some really nasty stuff about her over the years. I hope she doesn't read any of it. I remember Martin K having to wade in at one point. :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I think the majority of TD fans appriciate her. to be part of th band for so long she deserves a great deal of respect. :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I was pleasantly surprised when TD introduced sax to their music. Linda is maybe not the best saxophonist but she can play quite well and IMO it adds a new slant to the songs she's played on. She also seems a lovely person and a good looking lassie as well. I was really dissapointed she wasn't present on the 97 tour. I look forward to seeing her in the flesh in Edinburgh. 8)
Froesesque

Re: does linda spa play the synth in concert ?

Post by Froesesque »

GAZZ wrote:by no means before i start this thread am i slagging off linda spa. she is absolutley fantastic on sax/flute etc and i am quite sure she has had a great deal of input into some of td's work,however i do not feel that she is playing any synth parts when td play live,after watching a few of the recent dvd,s and also being able to play keyboards myself it dosen,t even look like the synth is even switched on and feel that she is just using it to go through the motions in between her fantastic sax/flute playing and keeps her in position on the stage. i hope i am wrong but feel pretty sure that i am right :roll: :roll:
I think Edgars given her the job of playing the pad/chord parts, she's definitley playing chords. And, I'm sure she played the 'Da dee da dah' part for sphinx lighning during the 'Madcaps' gig in London last year
(check the dvd again)
:D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
NiklunII

Post by NiklunII »

You mention that improvisation is mostly with the guitar nowdays. Why do they play the keys so "strictly"/as on the albums but improvising the Guitar? The gigs could maybe be even better if they play the keys more like the guitar. Edgars improvisation guitar solos are really great I think.
timer

Post by timer »

NiklunII wrote:You mention that improvisation is mostly with the guitar nowdays. Why do they play the keys so "strictly"/as on the albums but improvising the Guitar? The gigs could maybe be even better if they play the keys more like the guitar. Edgars improvisation guitar solos are really great I think.

Poor EF must be pulling his hair out with us lot ! :roll:

It must be a very difficult decission to please the fans at each concert these days.

I feel we get a performance a exceptional quality.

EF delivers to me a concert of memories, snapshots in time - if the music wasn't delivered as it is , with the original sounds etc, it just wouldn't be the same.

That's not saying I don't embrace the variations on old pieces , as I do strickly original sounding ones.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Whichever way Edgar and the band choose to give us a show is good enough for me,every show has its own special buzz and i dont get that special buzz from any other show,its just magic :arrow:
A Hyperborean

Post by A Hyperborean »

Ricochet-Moog[/quote]

Definitive BS from me :)[/quote]
Sir, that's certainly no BS, your posts are to the point, unlike mine where I get carried away and stray off the point. I've only recently started communicating with other TD fans, so hearing similar opinions to mine really gets me enthusiastic.
In the end it's just that we don't know the technical complications of live TD performances, so I feel we have to trust Mr Froese's judgement and give him our support.
Long live TD, I can't wait for 1st Nov.
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
24db

Post by 24db »

You can't analyse enjoyment; feel free to copy and paste that into anything you like! :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:You can't analyse enjoyment; feel free to copy and paste that into anything you like! :)
Superb :) :)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:You can't analyse enjoyment; feel free to copy and paste that into anything you like! :)
;)
Nero

Post by Nero »

epsilon75 wrote:
The sentence of the year !! Great. :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Whichever way Edgar and the band choose to give us a show is good enough for me,every show has its own special buzz and i dont get that special buzz from any other show,its just magic :arrow:
Couldn't agree more. That's it in a nutshell.