Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 208
Location: Groningen, Netherlands.
Next to TD and other electronic sounds I listen a lot to Enigma. A project started by Micheal Cretu and still going on.

Check:

http://www.enigmamusic.com/index.shtml

Anyone else? My favo album is the very first.

MD.
8)

_________________
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 208
Location: Groningen, Netherlands.
I am sorry. I believe I did a wrong posting. Believe it belongs in another topic. Just figured out that this topic relates to guests on TD and members of TD.

My apollagy

MD

_________________
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
Muscially I think most of the albums are very good, they sound very polished and very well produced, I used to quite like Enigma in the 90s but now I am older I have become a bit more grumpy and cynical and when I last listened to them about 9 months and I just find the whole Enigma projet quite pretentious.

All these tribal chants, forst sounds,spiritual awakening and at one with nature is fine if it comes from the heart but with Michael Cretu it is a formula he has stuck with since Enigma started and after over 40 million record sales you get the impression he isn`t doing it from the heart anymore, if he ever did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 359
Location: AREA 51
enigma,s 1st album mcmxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or whatever it was called was absolute sadness and they just seem to have the same old sound on every enigma album that i've heard , sorry but not for me :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 208
Location: Groningen, Netherlands.
I still like it but understand your comments. It is a matter of taste.
To me it appears that Edgar and Jerome produce a lot in less time. It still is quality music, but sometimes they produce 3 of 4 albums in one year whichs makes it heard to keep in tempo to buy it all. Micheal Cretu mostly produces 1 album in 2 years. On TD's albums there is indeed variaty but a lot of what you both said about Enigma can also be said about TD. That is not to be defensive, but is almost a fact.

It is a matter of taste. Enigma still uses a lot of it's first style but the newer albums have quit a different sound. Must admitt that TD is my favourite still .

MD.
:)

_________________
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 208
Location: Groningen, Netherlands.
cantosis wrote:
Muscially I think most of the albums are very good, they sound very polished and very well produced, I used to quite like Enigma in the 90s but now I am older I have become a bit more grumpy and cynical and when I last listened to them about 9 months and I just find the whole Enigma projet quite pretentious.

All these tribal chants, forst sounds,spiritual awakening and at one with nature is fine if it comes from the heart but with Michael Cretu it is a formula he has stuck with since Enigma started and after over 40 million record sales you get the impression he isn`t doing it from the heart anymore, if he ever did.


I believe he does it from the heart. TD is also doing it from the heart. I would not acuse Edgar from doing it for the money ..

MD.

_________________
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 208
Location: Groningen, Netherlands.
GAZZ wrote:
enigma,s 1st album mcmxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or whatever it was called was absolute sadness and they just seem to have the same old sound on every enigma album that i've heard , sorry but not for me :roll: :roll:


Ok .. No problem
MD
:wink: :)

_________________
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:28 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I only ever heard the first Enigma album and was thorough unimpressed. Gregorian Chants to a hip-hop or electronica beat. After a few minutes, you think, "okay, I get the idea" and the novelty is over. I figured it was a one-off. I have no idea if what followed was any more creative or original.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
Return to Innocence is probably THE most beautiful and touching song I've ever heard. I remember hearing it for the first time on the radio and I immediatly knew it was a new (at the time) Enigma song. I own all the albums and I agree they can be a bit samey but all Michaels albums have some merit. I look forward to the new album. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
Posts: 356
Location: Edgar's dried Quinoa pantry
Misterdance wrote:
Next to TD and other electronic sounds I listen a lot to Enigma. A project started by Micheal Cretu and still going on.

Check:

http://www.enigmamusic.com/index.shtml

Anyone else? My favo album is the very first.

MD.
8)


Did you here 'Goodby Milkyway' on his last album? What an absolute stunner of a song, my favourite of his. I hope to get his next album!!

_________________
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
I liked the first three albums but got a bit bored of the constant recycling of the same tunes. :?

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
wayfarer wrote:
I liked the first three albums but got a bit bored of the constant recycling of the same tunes. :?


I got bored after the first album :oops: -no offence to those who like Enigma, it's just not for me :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
I think I saw somewhere the album has been delayed, maybe he has been reading our feedback :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
cantosis wrote:
I think I saw somewhere the album has been delayed, maybe he has been reading our feedback :lol:


The ltd edition 2 cd set has been corrected ! on the day of release !

Copies for those interested can be ordered from CDS Dundee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
Great news for the Cretu fans


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage