Janus
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Janus »

TangFanIRL wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Did you know that during 1977, I had various punk rawk hairstyles, but for a few months I grew out the hair dye and had a peter baumann cut, ie, centre parting, floppy style, quite short - looked nice and helped me with those young ladies. :oops:
Go on, show us a pic or two!!
Just go to the FBI's top ten most wanted website Conrad :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
tokyocat

Post by tokyocat »

Has anyone here heard Peter Baumann's collaboration with Patric Mimran from 1983? It was released under the artist name AXXESS and the album was called "Novels for the Moons". If you like "Romance76" and "Trans Harmonic Nights" you will probably like this one too. They used a special prototype synthesizer which was built by Lamborghini (the luxury car company!).
J M Jarre, Suzanne Vega, Ian Boddy, David Bowie, Japanese Pop, Redshift, Alan Parsons Project, Monolake, Annie Lennox, Vangelis, Einsturzende Neubauten, Underworld, Brian Eno, Enya, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Coil, The Blue Nile, Curve, Kate Bush, R H Kirk
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tokyocat wrote:Has anyone here heard Peter Baumann's collaboration with Patric Mimran from 1983? It was released under the artist name AXXESS and the album was called "Novels for the Moons". If you like "Romance76" and "Trans Harmonic Nights" you will probably like this one too. They used a special prototype synthesizer which was built by Lamborghini (the luxury car company!).
Never heard of this,very interesting 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tokyocat

Post by tokyocat »

24db wrote:I read about this at the time. I might be wrong but I believe Peter's involvement was minimal (if at all) and Patric was just using Baumann's name to sell the album. I used to have a promo flexi disc of it...I should have a look and see if I still have it
Baumanns involvement was definitely not minimal, his signature sounds and sequences are all over this album. If you listen to it you will see what I mean! I believe Baumann used the alias "Howard Bedman" on the sleeve notes.

The special synthesizer that they used was called "Le Bart" it was built by some German engineers and was suppossed to be the most advanced synthesizer ever made at that time. Lamborghini bankrolled the development of the synthesizer and maybe also the recording of the album. I think it is an extremely rare synth which was never widely available, I've never seen a real one. It was an intergrated synth/sequencer/drum machine/recorder.
J M Jarre, Suzanne Vega, Ian Boddy, David Bowie, Japanese Pop, Redshift, Alan Parsons Project, Monolake, Annie Lennox, Vangelis, Einsturzende Neubauten, Underworld, Brian Eno, Enya, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Coil, The Blue Nile, Curve, Kate Bush, R H Kirk
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i know its been asked many times but is there a definitive answer as to where Peter Baumann is these days?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i know its been asked many times but is there a definitive answer as to where Peter Baumann is these days?
I heard he was in Malibu but dont quote me on it :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i know its been asked many times but is there a definitive answer as to where Peter Baumann is these days?
http://www.noetic.org/about/board-bios/p_baumann.html
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

j_pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Interesting...seems Peter is quite the businessman these days, good luck to him 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
j_pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I heard he was in Malibu but dont quote me on it :wink:
Interesting...seems Peter is quite the businessman these days, good luck to him 8)
Interesting indeed. I wonder how brightly the music candle still burns within...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

tokyocat wrote:Has anyone here heard Peter Baumann's collaboration with Patric Mimran from 1983? It was released under the artist name AXXESS and the album was called "Novels for the Moons". If you like "Romance76" and "Trans Harmonic Nights" you will probably like this one too. They used a special prototype synthesizer which was built by Lamborghini (the luxury car company!).
Great album, has a distinct PB feel to it! (But not as much as Leda's Welcome To Joyland). 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.