Could Edgar of done it alone?

Laserdisc Dream
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Outstanding Dream it was. 8) :lol: :wink:

:!: :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

More like a Nightmare Peter... :wink: :lol:
Brien Comerford

Post by Brien Comerford »

Edgar Froese reigns supreme as a solo artist and as the sole member of Tangerine Dream. It's like Jeff Beck. The great guitarist's best albums do no not have lead vocalists on them and are primarily instrumental. Edgar Froese and Jeff Beck- Talented and compassionate vegetarians rule. Ambient Highways are majestic.
Misterdance

Re: Could Edgar of done it alone?

Post by Misterdance »

Froesesque wrote:I know many would argue that he has done already, but do you guys think that Edgar could of had a life-long sucessfull solo career without Tangerine Dream ever being in exsistance, like Jean-michelle-jarre and others.

I think he could :D

I look forward to getting the Epsilon Journey DVD, they played all my EF solo favourites - sorry I couldn't go, :cry: looks like it was a great night
I think he could do also. But the influence of Paul Haslinger after underwater sunlight got my attention. The sound TD performed in that period is still my favourite. If that is because of Paul his influence I am not sure. But fact to me is that I like those albums in which Paul participated best.

But Edgar still is on going with quality sounds on every album.

MD
:)
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Brien Comerford wrote:Edgar Froese reigns supreme as a solo artist and as the sole member of Tangerine Dream. It's like Jeff Beck. The great guitarist's best albums do no not have lead vocalists on them and are primarily instrumental. Edgar Froese and Jeff Beck- Talented and compassionate vegetarians rule. Ambient Highways are majestic.
Is Jeff Beck vegetarian?
Nero

Post by Nero »

TheMan wrote:
Brien Comerford wrote:Edgar Froese reigns supreme as a solo artist and as the sole member of Tangerine Dream. It's like Jeff Beck. The great guitarist's best albums do no not have lead vocalists on them and are primarily instrumental. Edgar Froese and Jeff Beck- Talented and compassionate vegetarians rule. Ambient Highways are majestic.
Is Jeff Beck vegetarian?
Yes, he is.
Here is a quote from an interview "The Guitar Magazine" from 93:

DJN: Umm, well, one other question that's got nothing to do with music. Are you vegetarian?
JB: Yeah. Twenty-three years.

DJN: Right. Why's that?
JB: Well, I had no choice really! I was awakened by my partner who I lived with for eighteen years. And she said, 'You're not eating meat anymore'. I went [nonchalantly], 'Oh, right!' And I actually put my sausages in the bin [laughs]! And I thought, 'Well, let's see - if I die in a couple of weeks, then I die; if I feel shitty, I'll start eating meet again'. Then I realized what a fool I'd been eating meat at all because, you know, you can't just carve animals up - it's not necessary.

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/JEFFBEC.KOU.html
redziller

Post by redziller »

Have to echo Andy's earlier post.

But it's interesting - so much re commercial success depends on the breaks - would the Virgin deal have come off etc. If not , what then?

But I feel as part of the creative process is selecting from different paths, presented with other composers ideas, I suspect EF has shown real skill in identifying what's special, be it his work or not, and refining it - and that's a big part of TD for me - the sense that there's a thing that's TD and EF is the keeper of the secret

Bit like Colonel Saunders but with less dead chickens.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Brien Comerford wrote: Edgar Froese and Jeff Beck- Talented and compassionate vegetarians rule. Ambient Highways are majestic.
Nothing against vegetarians, but there are also untalented and dispassionate vegetarians and talented non-vegetarian musicians. So being a vegetarian can't be part of the definition of an inspired artist...
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Weird that anyone would have doubted that Edgar could not have done this alone ... well, maybe not to the extent that we know TD today ... since obviously there is a path there already ... but Edgar's solo albums show that he can ... and will continue to do his own thing.

Between you and I though, I do think that Edgar needs a break ... a vacation ... go take some time off ... put the computers and the instruments away for a month ... go enjoy some life with the wife and kids (if you will ... ) ... yes I know ... very American to say so ... but the results and freshness that it will bring is what will help the most.

After all the people that have come and gone ... in the end, I think of TD as an idea inside Edgar's mind ... and idea that he must keep alive ... so, in a way, those other folks that are with him are merely helping bringing out more of what he sees ... and sometimes it might not be perfect but one might think a lot better than the alternative ... which is nothing?
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Hehe, look what I just found! (You forgot to mention Edgar!)