Paul Haslinger in the studio

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote: what can be the real artistic reasons behind scoring Big Brother (USA) and Super Nanny? ;)
I guess this means that he's responsible for this music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arx6eSu7uZM :lol:
Yes, I guess that is Franke. Not bad, but surely no Franke trademarks there.
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:I'm parapraphing from memory

Chris Franke " Electronic music soundtracks are somehow plastic music, you can do them as well as you can, but there is still a plastic TV feel to it. The fresh air came in when I used the orchestra'
So that explains the extensive use of orchestra in Franke's film music.
I should go back and transcribe the whole section of the audio interview accurately, then you can see Chris's point of view
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:
24db wrote:I'm parapraphing from memory

Chris Franke " Electronic music soundtracks are somehow plastic music, you can do them as well as you can, but there is still a plastic TV feel to it. The fresh air came in when I used the orchestra'
So that explains the extensive use of orchestra in Franke's film music.
I should go back and transcribe the whole section of the audio interview accurately, then you can see Chris's point of view
Are you slacking Andy ? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Jon wrote: So that explains the extensive use of orchestra in Franke's film music.
Are you slacking Andy ? :wink:
yeah I know mate...a 50 minute interview, with Chris's weird syntax should be a piece of **** ;)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i remember when Optical Race came out i kept re-reading the cover thinking they had accidently left Chris Frankes name off! I kept going over and over it thinking how odd theyd miss him out!

Then came Pacific Coast Highway and what a beautiful sounding album this is, v.relaxing straight from the start.(8/10)

The London Concert is a good album too. Some nice additional tracks (8/10)

Klemania-two 20min tracks! Love it!(9/10)

After that, i bought a signed edition of the first Babylon 5 soundtrack (6/10)

Enchanting Nature (7/10) nice chill out remixes from PCH & Klemania plus additional music.

After that, i gave up on CF music. Im not keen on all the orchestra lead 'dramatic strike, heart string, american soundtrack'.

Klemania was probably the closest thing to a TD sound chris franka has produced and although i dont expect him to be a TD clone, i prefer his electronic based music to his orchestral stuff.

Think someone mentioned earlier, chris music seems dictated by the a)director b)dollar....pity :-(