how long will td go on?

Nero
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Nero »

TD won't go, TD will be in the aether for ever....! 8)
They are already a monument of timeless music.
jacob

Post by jacob »

Nero wrote:TD won't go, TD will be in the aether for ever....! 8)
True.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nero wrote:TD won't go, TD will be in the aether for ever....! 8)

Oh yes!
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

as much as we all have this nightmare about the end of td [ it hurts just writing it ] the fact is one day it will happen edgar is still good for his age but will one day have to call it a day will jerome step in i think not and now he has got his solo carreer i really dont think hes bothered about td [ i so hope i am wrong ] tds end result is not about the band members as much as we like them it is about the music and can a td without ef continue in the same way we can only hope cos' we all love dreaming !! :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

You do realise that when TD end, there will be no more new music....I'll say it again slowly as it really does take some getting used to....no..more..new..music....takes a while to sink in, doesn't it?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

exit81 wrote:You do realise that when TD end, there will be no more new music....I'll say it again slowly as it really does take some getting used to....no..more..new..music....takes a while to sink in, doesn't it?
It is hard to take in but at least we will always have the legacy they left behind.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:You do realise that when TD end, there will be no more new music....I'll say it again slowly as it really does take some getting used to....no..more..new..music....takes a while to sink in, doesn't it?
You are a hard man Chris :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

i can't imagine life without regular new input from td so when the day arriives and they play their final gig do you think that the likes of franke, schmoelling, bauman , haslinger would put their differences to one side and make the end of an era extra special if special is the right word i'm lookin for
24db

Post by 24db »

GAZZ wrote:i can't imagine life without regular new input from td so when the day arriives and they play their final gig do you think that the likes of franke, schmoelling, bauman , haslinger would put their differences to one side and make the end of an era extra special if special is the right word i'm lookin for
no..in a word.
timer

Post by timer »

GAZZ wrote:i can't imagine life without regular new input from td so when the day arriives and they play their final gig do you think that the likes of franke, schmoelling, bauman , haslinger would put their differences to one side and make the end of an era extra special if special is the right word i'm lookin for

I would imagine that Edgar would want to play with the musicians he is most comfortable with and I would hazzard a guess that would be whatever the current line is at this time.

Id like not to dwell on this thread. Cheers ! 8)
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

The TD vaults may determine how long TD remains in the public eye even after live performances cease. Even if Edgar chooses to compose no more new material, these archives could be a rich source of previously unreleased projects and musical sketchbooks that would fuel sufficient numbers of new releases to keep the legend alive over a number of years - subject to copyrights being resolved that is.

Granted, these releases my not be "new" in the true sense of the word, but how many of us would object to a wave of emotional nostalgia trips in the future.

If the red tape can be resolved with film studios, there could be a number of possibilities in this domain. It all really depends on Edgars motivation in the future. Will he feel that rerecording and remixing of released and vault works will be necessary in future or can he trust those he respects most to undertake some of the studio duties for him. Former member Ralph Wadephul has implied that there are TD projects he has worked on that have yet to be released. Could it be that Edgar grants license to certain former members to carry out the necessary production duties using the TD banner for projects they collaborated on but have yet to be released? I think I read somewhere that Edgar felt that TD was more about emotional artistic input than personalities, so it could be that Edgar may not be involved in issuing all future releases from the vaults - we can only guess?

By any standards Edgar is truly prolific, not just artistic and creative ones. How much his own sense of mortality dictates this we as fans can only guess at. It's a case of how much he feels is left to be said in the time he has to say it in, whether it is worth saying at all and by whom it needs to be said. Thankfully for us as fans at this present time, many chapters still appear to remain unwritten.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Good post.. 8)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I don't think it helps to look too far into the future, believe me before now it's brought myself alot of illness. I think we should just think about the 'now' and the wonderful music the band still produce. I think Edgar has produced some of his best material ever in recent years and Thorson has been an excellent addition to 'TDWORLD'. I'd like to see Linda compose some more for the band, I like the tracks she composed with Edgar!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

And when Edgar does eventually arrive at the Pearly gates, God will be there with a PPG Wave with a big ribbon on it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!