how long will td go on?

manticore
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

how long will td go on?

Post by manticore »

i always thought with jerome in the band tangerine dream would continue for years.maybe his own children would one day join and the band would carry on forever.however with him leaving,now what.could you see them going on one day without edger or when he finishes for whatever reason would that be the end?hopefully we'll get another 20 years or so out of him.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
bergen-dreamer

Re: how long will td go on?

Post by bergen-dreamer »

manticore wrote:i always thought with jerome in the band tangerine dream would continue for years.maybe his own children would one day join and the band would carry on forever.however with him leaving,now what.could you see them going on one day without edger or when he finishes for whatever reason would that be the end?hopefully we'll get another 20 years or so out of him.
TD will not be TD without EF :!:
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Given that Edgar has now taken to releasing solo albums and putting them out as Tangerine Dream, I think answers the question.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

unfortunately age is something that catches up with us all and there will come a time when TD is no more, I can`t imagine TD existing without Edgar even if Jerome was still in the band Unless of course Edgar asks Jerome to carry on peforming as TD.

Thankfully Edgar seems in pretty good shape even though he is reaching retirement age 8). It is possible he will continue making music for another 20 years but there will probably come a time much sooner than that when the live shows will stop even when the music keeps coming.

I can`t even see myself living another 20 years and I am 35 so it will be some achievement for edgar to continue into his 80s, I hope he does.
epsilon75

Re: how long will td go on?

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
manticore wrote:i always thought with jerome in the band tangerine dream would continue for years.maybe his own children would one day join and the band would carry on forever.however with him leaving,now what.could you see them going on one day without edger or when he finishes for whatever reason would that be the end?hopefully we'll get another 20 years or so out of him.
TD will not be TD without EF :!:
Absolutely agree 100%
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:Given that Edgar has now taken to releasing solo albums and putting them out as Tangerine Dream, I think answers the question.
Actually it was Edgar's hand that was probably forced by having collegues he thought he could rely on leaving for various reasons. Edgar is on record that he wasn't best pleased that he had to continue TD after 1990 (as the band was meant to end then...and I'm sure a few grumpies just wish he did ;))

Jerome is interviewed on the SBE 05 DVD saying that he has no interest in continuing TD, it being so associated with Edgar.

TD will continue for as long as Edgar wants, and when he stops that'll be it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:
I for one hope this is many years in the future :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:
Spot on mate
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Edgar is looking as healthy as ever so into the future..... And beyond ...

if the Loreley gig is to go by theres plenty of life yet in TD

:D :) 8) :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: Geoff
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:Edgar is looking as healthy as ever so into the future..... And beyond ...

if the Loreley gig is to go by theres plenty of life yet in TD

:D :) 8) :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: Geoff
Could'nt agree more Geoff,a spot on assessment :wink: 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: TD will continue for as long as Edgar wants, and when he stops that'll be it
It's not something that I want to think too much about. I hope it's a loooooong way off.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:Given that Edgar has now taken to releasing solo albums and putting them out as Tangerine Dream, I think answers the question.
Actually it was Edgar's hand that was probably forced by having collegues he thought he could rely on leaving for various reasons. Edgar is on record that he wasn't best pleased that he had to continue TD after 1990 (as the band was meant to end then...and I'm sure a few grumpies just wish he did ;))
Andy, What do you mean by Edgar "had to continue TD after 1990"?
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote:
Andy, What do you mean by Edgar "had to continue TD after 1990"?
it's all a bit vague, but the idea seems to be TD would continue but in some different form (with Paul and Jerome)...provided certain 'conditions' were met, sadly Paul jumped ship for the yankie dollar leaving Edgar and Jerome totally in the lurch...so I think Edgar just thought 'Ok, if that's how it is, I'll have to do it myself'...even though he had planned to do other things. Pure guess work though, apart from one or two hints from Edgar in various interviews.

The 20 year dream (on record I mean) was planned to run from 1970-1990. Edgar first mentions this in an Australian Interview from 1982
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

24db wrote:
td will never die :!: ........... elvis lives........... td will do the same :)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
24db

Post by 24db »

krismopompas wrote:
24db wrote:
td will never die :!: ........... elvis lives........... td will do the same :)
I saw Chris Franke down my local Chip Shop ;)

his chips were soggy sadly...oh well :D