Ralph Wadephul Biography...part one

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ralph Wadephul Biography...part one

Post by 24db »

The full text will be on my blog sometime this month (the text needs editing...so excuse the typos):

RALF WADEPHUL: A BIOGRAPHY

Born In West Berlin, June 2nd, 1958. An only child. His parents originated from an area of Europe that before WWII was Germany, is now Poland. They migrated to Berlin after the war. In the small portion of his go that exists after his multi-faced involvement with music, Ralf enjoys playing tennis and motor-bike riding. He has holidayed in Rio and enjoyed to music there. Ralf's musical education started with the descant recorder that he was taught in Infants School. At the age of eight, looking for some sheet music in a local music-store with his parents, his imagination was captured by the sight of a man sitting at a small Philips electric organ, pressing buttons, playing keys and producing sounds far fuller and more exciting than the recorder's ready voice.

"In those days an electric organ was something incredible , strange I wanted one! So my parents bought one for me, and I began having lessons. My musical expansion was always enabled by one thing, my parents' preparedness to buy me anything I really had my heart set on." Over the years, that first 'primitive' organ was replaced by newer creations, that eventually came to Incorporate a drumming option as well. Learning the piano also, Ralf worked his way trough the classical repertoire and at 18 began playing a church organ, earning extra money on Sundays and taking further lessons in piano and organ from the church's Organmaster. This was the time too, that he started playing in groups with friends, supporting school dances, whiling weekends away. His favourite bands were Emerson, Lake and Palmer ("what keyboardist can resist them"), Pink Floyd, Genesis and... Tangerine Dream.

"Then, even their enormous synthesizer banks were so amazing; we would put on "Ricochet" at the end of parties, in the small hours of the morning, and take off on the power of the sounds TD created and produced." After school, Ralf followed in his father's footsteps by studying Electrotechnics at the Technical University of Berlin, pursuing that elusive goal of learning a skill that could bring him 'money and security’. But, he did not enjoy it. After 3 years, he decided against the minutiae of his Electrotechnical studies and instead took up his present involvement with the Berlin Conservatorium of Music. Due to graduate in February next year, with one of his final requirements being to produce a recording of a full orchestral work, he will receive qualification as a Studio Producer. In his late teens, Ralf's greatest dream had been to work as a regular musician with recording studios. Failing that, he could envisage himself with just as much enthusiasm, sitting at the mixing board taking charge of the recording. In fact, at this stage, he has become equally qualified for both.

Throughout his studying years, 1978-1988, he has been working as a club musician with various bands, financing his ever growing array of computerised synthesizer and recording equipment at home, as well as supporting his life in a third-floor attic apartment with his friend Sabine, who works as a nurse. 'Big Joe' s Five and the Cherry Lips', 'Zed-Pasta', 'Sherry', 'Godzilla' were different combinations with which he played respectively 40's swing , new - wave, hard rock or Top 40 hits in much-frequented clubs around Berlin. At one time he accompanied Romy Haag, 'Berlin's Prettiest Transvestite', to Amsterdam, to play keyboards for a one--off television event there. "I was also always writing my own pieces, and at first I would try really hard to get the bands to have a go at them.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Very interesting Andy - where did you source this please?
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:Very interesting Andy - where did you source this please?
it's in an old issue of the TDIFC newsletter mate
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Really? Wow - I must have it somewhere then so, probably in that box of TD items stored under the bed! You all have one, right? ;-)