Chris Franke on leaving TD

epsilon75

Re: Chris Franke on leaving TD

Post by epsilon75 »

A very very interesting interview Andy..........Still seeing each other in 1994,that in itself has surprised me :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
A very very interesting interview Andy..........Still seeing each other in 1994,that in itself has surprised me :arrow:
I'm sure that many things about TD, their music and the musicians that graced their ranks over years, isn't as simple as it first appears. That's a great little nugget, as far as info goes. Although, obviously just written from Chris's point of view, so at very best it's only 50% of the story. I think you'll find that Edgar answered some of Chris's points later, and perhaps this is where some of the differences 'started'
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris in 1992

Now that Chris has taken his leave of Tangerine Dream I explore the possibilities of Chris re-joining in the future.

CF `There are always possibilities. I spoke to Edgar just two weeks ago and I cannot see why there shouldn’t be a project here and there. Now I'm very busy but in 94 I can't say no.'
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Chris in 1992

Now that Chris has taken his leave of Tangerine Dream I explore the possibilities of Chris re-joining in the future.

CF `There are always possibilities. I spoke to Edgar just two weeks ago and I cannot see why there shouldn’t be a project here and there. Now I'm very busy but in 94 I can't say no.'
The mind boggles :arrow: 2010 "Live in London" :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Cheers Andy - interesting read. 8)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
Could you cut and paste a few choice bits for those of us who cant read the link? This one sounds very very interesting.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Why can only registred members read these links? There are some very interesting articles but why post these links here when nobody can read them? :cry:

Can´t you make them readable for all forum members ? :)
24db

Post by 24db »

phaedra1974 wrote:Why can only registred members read these links? There are some very interesting articles but why post these links here when nobody can read them? :cry:

Can´t you make them readable for all forum members ? :)
Ok...here's my explaination..why

Firstly the whole reason why it's invite only is 'fans' couldn't be responsible with what I put online. Fair enough that they copied stuff onto their hard-drive, that's only human nature (I do it!!!!!!!!!). What others decided to do was to go beyond that and repost my photos and cleaned up scans as their own online (nice touch)...an online catalogue decided it would be fun to use my photos twice in their own catalogue, copyright? too complex... and more recenty two sites used one of my scans for their own bootleg (even nicer) and a live photo I had taken to illustrate an article by them slagging off TD's whole modern output & live performance. The really sad thing is if they had only asked I would been more than happy to help and send them whatever they wanted, well provided what they were doing was legal. This made me think why bother helping people who do 'nothing' to help other fans at best and at worst would love see the band we're all here for stop making music altogether. Fair enough that some no longer like the music (taste is a personal thing I hear ;)), but why spend so much energy slagging off the band since 19(pick a year)...it's like the online version of picking at a wound ;)

When 'everybody' had 100% access I got no feedback on the blog...sweet FA...nothing...for the record I do not do this for thanks, I don't need it or want it...I'm a fan of TD, nothing more. However EM fans can be very apathetic, so again it's my fault in not understanding human nature. SO...it's invite only. Why post them over here? where would you like me to post them? it's 'the' TD forum'. 98 people have access and quite a few read this forum. These people are 'mostly' active fans, by which I mean, even if they don't like TD's current output they still offer info and help, they make the effort and realise that an exchange of info is a two way street...which was the whole point of putting the whole thing online in the first place. I could have just sat on all this info as several fans do and pretended it doesn't exist. It might be a shock to a few but what I own is nothing compared with some fans own...but they don't share anything, perhaps through some warped idea it might effect the resale value of their collection. A cynic might say this might be the real reason why they collect it?

Somebody on the emportal forum once said to me they weren't prepared to jump through hoops to have access to the blog...which obviously would involve clicking their mouse once and sending me an email...I can understand that attitude, it must wear people out (sorry chaps...cheap shot...but it's still true) :)

But if it's a problem I can stop posting links, I'm just trying to help. With reference to the Chris Franke interview, if people really wanted to read it they would have noticed it's been online since about 1999...perhaps earlier. Have alook for Armin's site.

cheers

andy
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

This is 100% on the money.

As far as Im concerned, the blog was and is, totally invaluable. Its up to every fan to decide whether to read and enjoy.....always sad when others plagiarise or 'steal' someone's hard work...hmmmm, thats the nature of a 'free' internet.

As for some fans sitting on info or memorabilia etc....

the only real value of a collection is the value to oneself, my collection such as it is, spans 40 years of TD and 36 years of TD fandom and obsessive collecting, it is by no means extensive, nor anywhere near some fans collections, but it means everything to me, personal and special.

It is with great delight and pleasure that Im lucky enough to enjoy Andy's hard work.

If I ever have any useful info, I would share it, but mostly all I know about TD is of course: the music.

8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
jacob

Post by jacob »

Good points AK (and also BM) but you can avoid to answer further questions about access to your blog if you sent out the news on updates in a mailinglist instead.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:Good points AK (and also BM) but you can avoid to answer further questions about access to your blog if you sent out the news on updates in a mailinglist instead.
I agree mate. Sadly I can't copy and paste the addresses out of the blog permissions page and will need to do it manually for 98 emails...I'm looking forward to it...not ;) Sometimes I add 20 posts 'a day' (1050 pages of info and counting)...but do people really want 20 emails a day sitting in their inbox? or should I only do this once a week, a month, a year? or should I send them 50 links or edited highlights? Fair enough though JP...I'll look into it
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I started a blog, then stopped :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:I started a blog, then stopped :D
good man...blogs? who needs 'em...ego trips...etc etc
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I started a blog, then stopped :D