Chris Franke on leaving TD

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

BM writes the bleedin obvious from a drooling sycophantic fanboy point of view

When Peter Baumann left TD for the final time, I was rilly upset, but got over it (eventually some time in 2003)....as we had some pretty fine solo stuff from him and TD continued, in many ways a stronger force..viz a viz Cyclone, FM, Tangram, Exit etc, this event ushered in the JS years, which I know is a classic period for many fans......When CF left TD, it was the extinction event for me (silly boy....silly boy).....it was all over because being a nutcase I thought the tangs would curl up and die, it was all over...I went in another direction electronically.......TD then produced in hindsight and at the time, some wonderful albums......see Optical race....Melrose...etc......I then felt that it was a good thing Chris left....he would go on and issue what I thought I wanted to hear....sadly for me, just PCH is worth the time....and perhaps the London Concert as well.....but you know....TD continued in the direction Edgar wanted.....good for him, its his muse that takes us along.....meanwhile during them dread 90's Chris mounted the hollow wood hobby horse and churned and spread butter ever thinly imho.......he decided to follow his path and TD followed theirs......I have decided that in the remarkable and shocking event that Chris rejoins TD...it may well be the biggest disappointment in the history of the moog - because its all done, its all over, the classic TD trio in balance is long gone, its history.....Just listen to the last 5 years or so of TD renaissance music and tell me if Chris would have made a difference.....as far as I'm concerned I'm in the 70's.....ie, I anticipate every new TD/EF release with a glowing fervour that I have not felt since oh, 1977 when I rushed out to buy Encore....you know what I mean dont you?

of course I may be wrong, but you know Im right
...The wise.....are silent.....
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

bigmoog wrote:you know what I mean dont you?
yes
24db

Post by 24db »

you cannot step in to the same river twice!