Jerome

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Jerome

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
TDludo wrote:
ant wrote:After all, other bands often continue when previous members have passed on so why should TD be any different?
I think Jerome explains that very clearly in his message : "Tangerine Dream was my Dad..."
Judging from some of Jerome's comments it seems he think TD have been dead for years. He can say what he wants. I am only glad he does not have anything to do with this at all.
Long live TD!
Yes, I agree. I think Jerome's comments are strange. He is receiving massive praise on Facebook for his comments though, but I guess those who don't agree with him don't dare to speak out on Jerome's own FB profile.
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Jerome was quite categoric in his statement that their will be no concerts with the name TD. I imagine he therefore has full control over the name and any new band with the other members will have to re-name themselves. How about 'Dream on' ?? Sure you all have suggestions.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

RAYMAN1970 wrote:I respect Jerome as a musician. He has done some very good solo work and I really like LOOM, but LOOM is not TANGERINE DREAM and neither is Jerome.

I respect his decision not to have any part of TD ever again. As an artist, you have to be free enough to pursue your art however you see fit, otherwise it's not YOUR art. It's someone else's.

HOWEVER, Jerome has not been a part of TD for approximatley TEN YEARS.

So HOW can he have a say-so in whether or not TD will continue?

Because he's Edgar's son?

The truth of the matter is, he DOESN'T have a say-so. The only thing he has control over is NOT to be a part of TD. If he wanted to reunite with the band, I'm sure Ulrich, Thorsten, and Hoshiko would have to approve, so even THAT is not within Jerome's control.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, the remaining "official" members of the band and, in some smaller part, Bianca, have the right to say whether or not TD should, can, or will continue.

I miss Edgar. We all do.

I just feel that this is not what he would have wanted after his passing; a whole bunch of people arguing over if TD should continue, who should be involved, who shouldn't be invloved, etc., etc.

Edgar was a very smart man. I'm sure he left plans or final wishes as to how or even IF to continue the TD legacy after his passing, and I think that is the ONLY opinion that really matters in the big picture.

Peace.
:mrgreen:
Probably the most sensible post I've read on this subject :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Rubyconesque wrote:Jerome was quite categoric in his statement that their will be no concerts with the name TD. I imagine he therefore has full control over the name and any new band with the other members will have to re-name themselves. How about 'Dream on' ?? Sure you all have suggestions.

People are mis-reading what Jerome said...

Regarding Tangerine Dream: In the past I got asked so many times if I would carry on the TD torch or if I would continue with TD when Edgar retires and so on and my answer was always: NO!
And I'll keep it that way. Therefore, I won't support (or merge with) any kind of wannabe lineups, not now nor in the future. No tributes, no reunions, no further concerts under the name "Tangerine Dream".

He does NOT say it won't happen...just that HE will play no part.....
ant

Post by ant »

:) Spot On. Jerome will not play any part in TD going forward and that is his choice. I just hope the other members do continue, even if just to see out the Quantum Years and we can still hope that there are some hidden previously unreleased Edgar gems that Bianca can release for us massive TD/Edgar fans to include in our collections and of course to listen in awe to. :)
Biggus Dickus
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Good post by Rayman. Totally agree.

As far as I am concerned Thorsten is a current member of TD, one of the longest serving, important and influential members. I have to say I am very impressed with Q, his music and the way he conducts himself. We are very lucky to have had this man in our band.

If PB comes back into the fold then he is also one of the long serving, founder influential members.

Jeromme's view is important due to his membership and very close connection.

I am hopeful that Edgar left behind his views on Tangerine Dream and what would happen if he was no longer here. Those close to him will know. We all have to be patient and understanding in the interim.

I look forward to following Jeromme's music with LOOM and solo. It is great stuff !!
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Rubyconesque wrote:Jerome was quite categoric in his statement that their will be no concerts with the name TD. I imagine he therefore has full control over the name and any new band with the other members will have to re-name themselves. How about 'Dream on' ?? Sure you all have suggestions.

People are mis-reading what Jerome said...

Regarding Tangerine Dream: In the past I got asked so many times if I would carry on the TD torch or if I would continue with TD when Edgar retires and so on and my answer was always: NO!
And I'll keep it that way. Therefore, I won't support (or merge with) any kind of wannabe lineups, not now nor in the future. No tributes, no reunions, no further concerts under the name "Tangerine Dream".

He does NOT say it won't happen...just that HE will play no part.....

Agreed.

If TD does continue, Jerome has made it clear that he will not be involved.

That's all he was saying.
Network23

Post by Network23 »

RAYMAN1970 wrote:Jerome has made it clear that he will not be involved.
Precisely. Strange that people would misread that. I think they're fazed by Jerome's emphatic dismissal of any activity in the TD camp from this point forward.

Truthfully, outside of Loom, I've not followed Jerome in his post-TD years. I've heard a nice track here and there, and I like Loom, but TD's sound changed drastically after Paul left and it seemed like Jerome had too much control.

That's just my opinion.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

sorcerer wrote:I am hopeful that Edgar left behind his views on Tangerine Dream and what would happen if he was no longer here. Those close to him will know. We all have to be patient and understanding in the interim.
That's exactly what I'm hoping too !
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

On re-reading Jerome's statement - you guys could well be right and as such he may well not have any rights over the TD name after all. Ah well ...'Beyond the Dream' can be binned then as a name :-)
Network23

Post by Network23 »

Rubyconesque wrote:Ah well ...'Beyond the Dream' can be binned then as a name :-)
Wet Dream is back on the table! :lol:
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

Network23 wrote:
Rubyconesque wrote:Ah well ...'Beyond the Dream' can be binned then as a name :-)
LOL!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:
rigel

Post by rigel »

Network23 wrote:
No, that was Underwater Sunlight :wink:
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Network23 wrote:
RAYMAN1970 wrote:Jerome has made it clear that he will not be involved.
Precisely. Strange that people would misread that. I think they're fazed by Jerome's emphatic dismissal of any activity in the TD camp from this point forward.
At this point, I think this is simply an emotional comment. I just heard one of his CD's (Snow something or other) and it is VASTLY different from the Tangerine Dream stuff that had become more about its classical music flow, than its music/fusion design. In many ways, Jerome's work in that CD was much more "modern", or at least rock/fusion minded than Tangerine Dream has been for some time. Thus, him not wanting to be there is a well founded idea and design, that ran its course while he was there, and it did not take hold, with the rest of the band, for whatever reason ... the kid wanted to hear something else, and he likely did not get the ear appreciation he was hoping for, and as such, it is quite clear that he does not want to have anything to do with it, because he either does not care for it (I doubt it!), or he wants to expand on what he has already done, instead of just MOS/MOR sounding musical concepts and designs, which I do not find TD to be, because of the electronic use of the many effects, even at times they might be considered a bit of perfume and mascara to the same thing.

I have mixed emotions about it all. I do think that "TD" can only be done and have a reasonable continuation if Jerome is involved, and that it probably will not last or go anywhere in any other version, specially, when people here are not even keeping the women involved, which I think is a gross shame! But maybe it is time to give Iris, Hoshiko and Linda a bit more to do, and add effects to their instruments to an incredible extend, that it becomes something else that we can enjoy and appreciate.

I'm not sure that we're helping any by even thinking about it, though! I hate the thought that I am actually confusing them all even more with the comments, even if they seem logical to me.