Klaus on TD (from 1994)

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Klaus on TD (from 1994)

Post by 24db »

I don't want to be seen as 'mixing it'...so I'm not going to post this here, just a link:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... on-td.html

any comments?
timer

Post by timer »

I find his thoughts at the time to be understandable, about the music , but not the concerts.
I had difficulties with TD's output during this stage, some of it sounds too comercial - don't get me wrong I love some tracks, but not like the releases over the past couple of years.

Any idea as to what size audiences Klaus was performing to at this time ?
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:I find his thoughts at the time to be understandable, about the music , but not the concerts.
I had difficulties with TD's output during this stage, some of it sounds too comercial - don't get me wrong I love some tracks, but not like the releases over the past couple of years.

I'd imagine Klaus regularly played to 1000-3000 people
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:I find his thoughts at the time to be understandable, about the music , but not the concerts.

I'd imagine Klaus regularly played to 1000-3000 people
But to judge popularity to concert attendance ? and regularity of performance ! :roll:

Personally it doesn't bother me if a bands popular or not, it the quality of the product at the end of the day.
24db

Post by 24db »

btw Klaus's comments about the music, completely mirror my view of his music at the time. Just shows it's just opinion.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:

btw Klaus's comments about the music, completely mirror my view of his music at the time. Just shows it's just opinion.
I not overly keen apart from a couple of early CDs and his last ,

TD / EF man me - through & through 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

it's funny how TDs and KS's popularity has waxed and wained over the years...in the 70's both got good and very bad reviews....in the 80's Klaus's stuff was slaughted in the UK press, whilst TD were praised...and then it was TD's turn in the late 80's to get a kicking...then (shock horror!) TD were almost trendy for a while (circa 1990, with all the interest in Krautrock)...but now Klaus is seen as the godfather. Do journalists flip a coin before writing their copy? :)
timer

Post by timer »

But even any long time Fan of any band would be the same surely - all bands of longevity have their 'not so popular moments' , but there's only one band Ive stuck with all these years and thats TD. And Im glad im still on this wonderful journey. 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

lets not forget that this interview is from 1994, at the deep depths of the TD...dread nineties,, and as such should be ignored as ephemera.....possibly :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:lets not forget that this interview is from 1994, at the deep depths of the TD...dread nineties,, and as such should be ignored as ephemera.....possibly :P
I totally agree BM, it should be read with 'historic eyes' ;)...I'll be using my 'historic ears' with Johannes's album later this week...mind you if I don't like I'll be telling it as it is...history or not ;)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Timer,

Could you paraphrase a bit for people like me who cannot read this link? 'preciate it!
timer

Post by timer »

Klaus is basically saying that TD's music did not appeal to the european market during the mid 90's - interview from 1994 - and that he was the higher ranker Electronic musician due to his concert attendance during this period.

As Ive said it's immaterial to me , whether TD are / were popular the music suits my taste's perfectly and thats all that counts to me.
24db

Post by 24db »

cheers Tim...
jacob

Post by jacob »

I listened to 220 Volts this morning. KS's music from that era had absolute no goal of destination, TD's music from the same era is quite melodic, and for that matter, KS has also used saxophone and guitars... he has just forgot about the Megatone album by "Wahnfried"...
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

Ditto :wink: :P 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.