Chris and Edgar

Marbury
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris and Edgar

Post by Marbury »

Do Edgar and Chris still keep in touch? I know Johannes does but I never see any evidence of the two meeting in the last 20 years.
rattymouse

Re: Chris and Edgar

Post by rattymouse »

Marbury wrote:Do Edgar and Chris still keep in touch? I know Johannes does but I never see any evidence of the two meeting in the last 20 years.
I suspect they keep in touch via their lawyers.
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Oh dear, they haven't fallen out have they? Shame if they have.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

It may of been covered here but think its best left till EF's book comes out.
We can only speculate which aint good!

I did read that EF & CF only met once or twice privately in their long career together and that was at the request of their respective partners!

I wont add anymore as i like using the forum and dont wanna upset anyone and get thrown off! (all due respect):-)
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

On a similar, but slightly different point, what are people's views on the (apparent) McCarney-esque rewriting of the credits on the Astoria DVD?

E.g. Sphynx Lightning - on LP credited to Franke, Schmoelling, Froese becomes (Hyper Sphynx) - Froese, Schmoelling, Franke; the same with
Rare Bird, Logos and White Eagle (Girl on the Stairs).

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and I certainly should get out more, but me and my mate always used to look at the credits and certainly assumed they reflected the various band members inputs.
24db

Post by 24db »

Six By Nine wrote:On a similar, but slightly different point, what are people's views on the (apparent) McCarney-esque rewriting of the credits on the Astoria DVD?

E.g. Sphynx Lightning - on LP credited to Franke, Schmoelling, Froese becomes (Hyper Sphynx) - Froese, Schmoelling, Franke; the same with
Rare Bird, Logos and White Eagle (Girl on the Stairs).

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and I certainly should get out more, but me and my mate always used to look at the credits and certainly assumed they reflected the various band members inputs.
I'll quote from Johannes...Does the order of the musicians indicate how much of the music they did? (I'm paraphrasing here)

Johannes...No!

I'll dig out the whole interview...if you need it
jacob

Post by jacob »

Six By Nine wrote:On a similar, but slightly different point, what are people's views on the (apparent) McCarney-esque rewriting of the credits on the Astoria DVD?.
I like the idea, very 'solidarisch' I think.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

Sorry lads:

Paul Lawyer interviews Johannes:

PL: Back in the days when TD albums were released on vinyl, they often listed the names of the composers in what appeared to be the order of who contributed most to each track. But your name was more often than not at the end, with a constant rotation of Froese/ Franke before you. Is this a fair evaluation of the work distribution in TD?

JS: As far as I can remember this has no meaning, it was done more randomly and has nothing to do with evaluation of someone's work distribution
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Oh well! Thanks for that, thought it would have been a bit petty, but given the unfortunate bad feelings that seem to have developed between EF and CF I couldn't discount it.

The randomness of the credits is a bit of a shame in a way as I remember we were quite pleased when JS got top credits for the 1st time on White Eagle!
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

I did read that EF & CF only met once or twice privately in their long career together and that was at the request of their respective partners!
How can you work closely with someone for 20+ years and produce such amazing music, tour etc if thats the case? Usualy if a band isn't getting on it doesn't take long for them to split. Very strange. Perhaps one day they will reconcile. Look at Waters and Gilmour. :lol:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I can imagine CF and EF getting together for a coffee, similar to DeNiro and Pacino, in Heat. :wink:
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

was it just clash of personalities or has something happened to cause this rift?

Lifes too short, or as Stan Laurel said "life's not short enough" ;-)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Marbury wrote:was it just clash of personalities or has something happened to cause this rift?

I think CF has got all the classic basement tapes from the 70s :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

its a can of worms

far too heavy to discuss here

much more than the classic 'musical and artistic differences'
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
Marbury wrote:was it just clash of personalities or has something happened to cause this rift?

I think CF has got all the classic basement tapes from the 70s :wink:
Only as CDRs downloaded from dodgy joes dodgy download store ! :wink: