Recent pictures of Peter Bauman

Marbury
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Recent pictures of Peter Bauman

Post by Marbury »

Has anyone seen any recent photos of Pete Bauman as I can't find any on google at all. Just curious to know what he's up to nowadays. :wink:
timer

Re: Recent pictures of Peter Bauman

Post by timer »

Marbury wrote:Has anyone seen any recent photos of Pete Bauman as I can't find any on google at all. Just curious to know what he's up to nowadays. :wink:

Welcome to the forum Marbury 8) always great to see new people posting.

Infortunately no I have not but others may well have something.
24db

Post by 24db »

Haven't seen a photo of him since he sold up after running Private Music
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

I haven't even seen any of him around the Private Music era.
24db

Post by 24db »

Marbury wrote:I haven't even seen any of him around the Private Music era.
I'll have to have a search for you
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There was one of him and Edgar that was more recent. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe on here or on Egdar's homepage.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

There's a picture from 1988 in the TDOC gallery showing Peter, Edgar, George Harrison and others.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Is this here on this site as I can't see it in the 80-90 section.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Marbury wrote:Is this here on this site as I can't see it in the 80-90 section.
You need to click on the TDOC icon to the right of the main home page. It costs 30 Euro a year to be a member, and then you get access to all the goodies (free downloads, galleries, videos, competitions, a blog etc. etc.)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Nero

Post by Nero »

Chris Monk wrote:There was one of him and Edgar that was more recent. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe on here or on Egdar's homepage.
I saw a pic from EF and PB at Edgar's homepage: Biography/Band & Friends Pictures/Page 4 - it's a pic made in 2001 at Malibu Beach/California.
This seems to be the newest...Both look good! Maybe they talked about a new common project... ??:wink:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Its always been a bit of a mystery what Peter Baumann did after his time running Private Music.

Youve probably heard this before but he was apparently running a retirement home for retired sportsmen!

How far away from an improvising 70's electronic experimental group can you get?

Right, im off the sail the world! :-)

(ooo look, my 100th post! :-) )
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Oh yes I can see him now. Yes he looks good still. Still got his hair.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Nero wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:There was one of him and Edgar that was more recent. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe on here or on Egdar's homepage.
I saw a pic from EF and PB at Edgar's homepage: Biography/Band & Friends Pictures/Page 4 - it's a pic made in 2001 at Malibu Beach/California.
This seems to be the newest...Both look good! Maybe they talked about a new common project... ??:wink:
Thanks Nero. Yep, that's the one.
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

They look like they are still mates. I wonder what made Mr Baumann want to walk away from music entirely. I have never heard of any talented artist give it up. You have to do it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris and Edgar are on record that Peter was never 100% into the music, he just played the game for a while. That is not say that he wasn't (and probably still is an amazing musician. But, as Franke said, he (CF) and Edgar are born for music, it's the only way they can fully express themselves. Judging by Edgar's comments on Inkey$ magazine, Peter wanted a more pop-star career, or at least to enjoy the trappings of success more. The other members of the group had/have a totally different work ethic, so I guess Peter sometimes felt the outsider. Fast forward and his later solo career wasn't exactly a huge success (I'm referring to the last two albums), so a change of tact was needed and Private Music was formed. Once again (I'm guessing) the mercurial Baumann probably wanted other things and after so many years of not producing music (bar the odd collaboration) I guess the draw had gone, it wasn't the 70's anymore and he wanted a new challenge....just a guess on my part

andy

EF: "He had a certain type of lifestyle which is totally the opposite of our one, which is ok, we did respect that and we were together for about 6 years, and so a lot of things went fine, some others didn't".