Recent pictures of Peter Bauman

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

Marbury wrote:They look like they are still mates. I wonder what made Mr Baumann want to walk away from music entirely. I have never heard of any talented artist give it up. You have to do it.
I believe Artie Shaw gave up his career while he was a number 1 selling artist in the US. He walked away from a multi million dollar career and didnt play his clarinet for over 35 years.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Chris and Edgar are on record that Peter was never 100% into the music, he just played the game for a while. That is not say that he wasn't (and probably still is an amazing musician. But, as Franke said, he (CF) and Edgar are born for music, it's the only way they can fully express themselves. Judging by Edgar's comments on Inkey$ magazine, Peter wanted a more pop-star career, or at least to enjoy the trappings of success more. The other members of the group had/have a totally different work ethic, so I guess Peter sometimes felt the outsider. Fast forward and his later solo career wasn't exactly a huge success (I'm referring to the last two albums), so a change of tact was needed and Private Music was formed. Once again (I'm guessing) the mercurial Baumann probably wanted other things and after so many years of not producing music (bar the odd collaboration) I guess the draw had gone, it wasn't the 70's anymore and he wanted a new challenge....just a guess on my part

andy

EF: "He had a certain type of lifestyle which is totally the opposite of our one, which is ok, we did respect that and we were together for about 6 years, and so a lot of things went fine, some others didn't".
You could tell that Peter wasn't fully into it because he kept disappearing every so often. It speaks volumes that Edgar allowed him back into the band when he returned.