Klaus Schulze

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Klaus Schulze

Post by Insvims »

Regarding the announced Klaus Schulze concert in Szczecin (Poland) next summer, there is this info on the KS website:
A Polish friend just checked the Philharmonic Hall's website and he wrote me: "I just saw concert is sold out. Quantity of free places: 0 (zero) Best regards ...."

My answer was: "...and they have not even sent back a contract, which I have sent them already on 29th of April."
Concert seems sold out, but let's hope the rest is also going well. It may also depend on KS's health I guess. I have a ticket anyway.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Steve C wrote:
I have it. It's nice, but you have to take it for what it is. Some people expected a biography, but that was not the intention. It is meant as a tribute to the author's favorite musician.
Thank you for your views guys. I've ordered a copy !
Don't say you weren't warned ;)[/quote]

I've enjoyed this book - lots of useful information apart from the music reviews and worth the £20 I paid for it on Ebay
tdream88

Post by tdream88 »

"The visible creates a work in form - the invisible defines its worth"
Lao Tse - Tao Te King // Optical Race \\ RIP EF✝
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Been reading Greg Allen's book and got half way ... rather nice, since I know almost all of Klaus' material ... but it can get wishy washy and I never thought the music as such.

I have a real hard time deciding which this and that, but the album I love the most is one most seem not to ... "Audentity". And the "Sebastiam" piece is one of my favorites!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

Been reading Greg Allen's book and got half way ... rather nice, since I know almost all of Klaus' material ... but it can get wishy washy and I never thought the music as such.

I have a real hard time deciding which this and that, but the album I love the most is one most seem not to ... "Audentity". And the "Sebastiam" piece is one of my favorites!
I have the book too. Read it all. Regarding Audentity I have always had the impression that is on of the usual favorites among the fans, but maybe I am wrong. I like it, but it's not my favorite. My favorite album/release is Contemporary Works 2. Those five discs I have been playing countless times. Apart from that I think X and Dune are fantastic. And also the newer Kontinuum. That said, I like most of what KS has done. Have it all. :-)
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Insvims wrote: I have the book too. Read it all. Regarding Audentity I have always had the impression that is on of the usual favorites among the fans, but maybe I am wrong. I like it, but it's not my favorite. My favorite album/release is Contemporary Works 2. Those five discs I have been playing countless times. Apart from that I think X and Dune are fantastic. And also the newer Kontinuum. That said, I like most of what KS has done. Have it all. :-)
I'm missing a couple of things here and there ... but in general, of the first 25 years, I have everything.

It's hard to choose a "favorite", as there are so many different pieces, but for some reason, the "Sebastiam" piece stands out for my imagination, probably a combination of straight arrow weirdness, and surrealism all together. I like things that can not be "defined". It becomes an inner challenge. I think, (I think!!!) that too much of music appreciation is based on melody and a "known" quality/quantity, and that means that the abilities of those pieces are finite, and come to an end sooner, than the 'Unknown" pieces, which is what makes them more interesting -- to me, at least. Thus, even a Faust can make sense, as anything else that is way out there in music.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Hipgnosis wrote:
Insvims wrote: I have the book too. Read it all. Regarding Audentity I have always had the impression that is on of the usual favorites among the fans, but maybe I am wrong. I like it, but it's not my favorite. My favorite album/release is Contemporary Works 2. Those five discs I have been playing countless times. Apart from that I think X and Dune are fantastic. And also the newer Kontinuum. That said, I like most of what KS has done. Have it all. :-)
I'm missing a couple of things here and there ... but in general, of the first 25 years, I have everything.

It's hard to choose a "favorite", as there are so many different pieces, but for some reason, the "Sebastiam" piece stands out for my imagination, probably a combination of straight arrow weirdness, and surrealism all together. I like things that can not be "defined". It becomes an inner challenge. I think, (I think!!!) that too much of music appreciation is based on melody and a "known" quality/quantity, and that means that the abilities of those pieces are finite, and come to an end sooner, than the 'Unknown" pieces, which is what makes them more interesting -- to me, at least. Thus, even a Faust can make sense, as anything else that is way out there in music.
Try this for way out there (you may know of it already)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCc-xg8hL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4_dPsf2JM

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Due to other priorities in my life I will not go to the sold out Klaus Schulze concert in Poland in June. Thus I have one ticket for sale. Contact me if you are interested. It's an e-ticket.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote:Due to other priorities in my life I will not go to the sold out Klaus Schulze concert in Poland in June. Thus I have one ticket for sale. Contact me if you are interested. It's an e-ticket.
Is these a Klaus Schulze foryum like t his one (or Facebook fan page) where there may be interest ?

Shame you can't go - last ever concert (although he did say that before didn't he ? ;) )
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Insvims wrote:Due to other priorities in my life I will not go to the sold out Klaus Schulze concert in Poland in June. Thus I have one ticket for sale. Contact me if you are interested. It's an e-ticket.
Is these a Klaus Schulze foryum like t his one (or Facebook fan page) where there may be interest ?

Shame you can't go - last ever concert (although he did say that before didn't he ? ;) )
Yes, there are other places to sell it. Would just make you here aware of it first, since this is the forum I use the most. :-)
Fortunately I have seen KS before.
The ticket is 110PLN which equals 26€. Paypal payment available.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Ticket sold!
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

From Klaus Schulze Website:

KS concert cancelled!
Sad news: The concert on 9 June 2016 in Stettin/Szczecin has to be cancelled because of medical reasons. The state of health will not improve in the foreseeable future. Klaus Schulze is in constant medical treatment. (Which is, more or less, the translation from the medical certificate.)
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

This doesn't bode well, especially the final sentence "constant medical treatment".

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed for him but I'm expecting the worst while hoping the best.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

KS reissues on Double LPs
Universal Music will reactivate the old "Brain" label for a bunch of re-releases in December 2017. Among those are a few historic double albums by Klaus Schulze: Cyborg, Audentity, "X", Dziekuje Poland, ...Live... and En=Trance. Furthermore, two old Wahnfried single CD albums will be reissued, also as double LPs: Trance Appeal and Drums 'n' Balls.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Great news! New KS album out soon. Newly recorded.
More info: https://klaus-schulze.com/