Chris Franke picture, 2005

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

jacob wrote:
cantosis wrote:He is looking a lot better than the last pic I saw. He gets a lot of stick for following the yankee doller but I say good luck to him, I love a lot of his music including the Babylon stuff.

I can`t really slag the guy.
I agree totally.. There are some gems in the lot, such as Raven, The Celestine Prophecy etcetera, but personally I really think that a lot of talent has been opressed, when he signed the pact with the Devil, which is Hollywood.
Haslinger and Hoenig is about on the same level as Franke today, and they had outstanding artistic moments, solo, as well as in TD.

Just my childish opinion ;)

Not childish at all, all opinions are valid.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

After all his good work with TD that still means so much to us, he finally got an award for some trivial soundtrack music that doesn't mean anything to anyone. Can't say I'm impressed. But he looks like he got what he wanted.
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:After all his good work with TD that still means so much to us, he finally got an award for some trivial soundtrack music that doesn't mean anything to anyone. Can't say I'm impressed. But he looks like he got what he wanted.
something to stand on his dusty Projekt Elektronik perhaps? ;)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

24db wrote:something to stand on his dusty Projekt Elektronik perhaps? ;)
Don't think he puts trophys into the same place where his abandoned dreams collect dust... :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:
24db wrote:something to stand on his dusty Projekt Elektronik perhaps? ;)
Don't think he puts trophys into the same place where his abandoned dreams collect dust... :wink:
oh the irony ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Michael66 wrote:After all his good work with TD that still means so much to us, he finally got an award for some trivial soundtrack music that doesn't mean anything to anyone. Can't say I'm impressed. But he looks like he got what he wanted.

Thats hollywood for you, I wonder how many babylon 5 fans who buy the soundtracks have ever heard any TD music...

I wll actually be very interested to hearing him again when Babylon 5 finishes which I think will be soon, he will have to move on from there and I hope he takes a new direction.

But anyway whatever he does he played a big part in TD and no matter what people think of "The Hollywood Years" he should still be given some respect for his time in TD which to be fair I think most TD fans do.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

You NAILED it with this post. Nicely done.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Wow he looks great. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

we must remember that tangerine dream and the music thereof is 'the sum of the parts'

Of course, I will admit to being massively upset when PB left in 77, and when CF left 10 eras later.....but hey, the music always speaks for itself

Long ago and far away, I came to terms with the line up changes in TD, its all part of the historic and rich tapestry of the band

These days Edgar and company are firing just about on all cylinders and nostalgia for a golden age is a waste of time, imho

we can dream though, we can dream

Live, improvised

Peter Baumann, Christ, er Chris Franke, Edgar Froese, all well known as TANGERINE DREAM

whoooooooo, we'll have a great time

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz: BM leaves forum for thee hollow wood hills

...The wise.....are silent.....
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

jacob wrote:Unfortunately his music has also been a little too 'healthy' the last 10-15 years.
far far away from the good old times.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)