Aqua by Edgar Froese.

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Aqua by Edgar Froese.

Post by Pertou »

My 1974 Brain LP (orange labels)

Side 1:
NGC891
Upland

Side 2:
Aqua
Panorphelia

My 1987 Virgin CD:
Aqua
Panorphelia
NGC891
Upland

The cd says:

to appreciate fully the revolutionary artificial head system
developed by gunther brunschen
listen to side 2 on stereo headphones

I didn't get any revolutionary effect on my cd, as it only has one side, and the Brain LP has has reverted the tracks, so where can I find this revolutionary effect? The LP notes doesn't mention this effect at all!
I'm deeply confused...

:D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

JP

take vinyl original, place on turntable.....listen in headphones to ngc 891

allow mind to drift with the music, the sounds of the airplane, traffic and background ambience were in dummy head stereo

awesome LP is aqua :arrow: :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

NGC891, certainly sir!

I was expecting a quick reply from you, if any, thanks mate :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

NGC 891 is a truly phenomenal piece of music........listen with earphones to truly appreciate.

CLASS :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

probably my fave EF album, I listen to it on my ipod when I do a lot of walking, I really appriciate it.
Sfearical Sequence

Re: Aqua by Edgar Froese.

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Pertou wrote:My 1974 Brain LP (orange labels)
The LP notes doesn't mention this effect at all!
I'm deeply confused... :D
My copy of the LP on Virgin has the note about the artificial head system. And Side Two should be ngc891 and upland (but I think you already knew that). I think it's funny that they printed the note verbatim in the CD liner. The 'artificial head system' consists of merely mounting two microphones on a dummy head where the ears would be supposedly to replicate the catchment of sound that would be experienced by a human head. So the music incorporates sound effects that pan all the way across the stereo image. Needless to say, Gunther Brunschen's artificial head system was anything but revolutionary.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
My copy of the LP on Virgin has the note about the artificial head system. And Side Two should be ngc891 and upland (but I think you already knew that). I think it's funny that they printed the note verbatim in the CD liner. The 'artificial head system' consists of merely mounting two microphones on a dummy head where the ears would be supposedly to replicate the catchment of sound that would be experienced by a human head. So the music incorporates sound effects that pan all the way across the stereo image. Needless to say, Gunther Brunschen's artificial head system was anything but revolutionary.

but, what was revolutionary was the day in 1975 the young BM bought Aqua and read the sleeve notes and stared at the otherworldly cover art and gatefold, then listened to the amazingly strange music - revolutionary for me, because the whole package was just so, so different.And it still is.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

bigmoog wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:

but, what was revolutionary was the day in 1975 the young BM bought Aqua and read the sleeve notes and stared at the otherworldly cover art and gatefold, then listened to the amazingly strange music - revolutionary for me, because the whole package was just so, so different.And it still is.
No argument here. In fact, though I didn't actually hear Aqua until about 1978 or 79, it was still revolutionary to me even then.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Listenend to the the re-recorded Aqua the other day - it sounded "watered down" compared to the original
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

It may have benefited from Linda "Spa" playing on the newer version !
24db

Post by 24db »

worth £3 of anybody's money
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:worth £3 of anybody's money
How could i possibly disagree.....£3 for a piece of magic 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

cantosis wrote:probably my fave EF album, I listen to it on my ipod when I do a lot of walking, I really appriciate it.
Been doing exactly the same thing myself. :D
"Sydney till I Die"
jacob

Post by jacob »

For evidence on my unique Aqua LP, click here http://iloapp.pertou.dk/blog/tangerined ... e&post=393
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I think it was Ohr Records or something like it ... when these came out, hi-fi was fairly new, and FM radio was about to hit the really big time in America.

With a conventional record player the subtleties of the sound moving around from one side to the other was not as apparent and enjoyable as it was if you had a nice turntable, a Stanton cartridge and a pair of ESS Heils ... that simple.

And then ... the next big thing happened ... these records were far superior in quality to the average record on the street ... and not only that ... the art work was far superior!

It meant something then ... it really did ... and I can tell you that TD on earphones then .,.. was a much superior experience in your head than it will ever be on those small earplugs for your iPod ... sorry Mac ... it is not half as good quality wise ... maybe it will in 50 more years when we're all dead!