Symphony For Vampires.

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Symphony For Vampires.

Post by Pertou »

Two words: Buy it!

This is much more rocking than the previous album, more gothic, more melodic and better performed than Somnambulistic Tunes.

It suits the music very well to be performed by some many musicians, as still the music is more TD-Thorsten-esque and catchy.

I would say 8-9/10.
24db

Re: Symphony For Vampires.

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Two words: Buy it!

This is much more rocking than the previous album, more gothic, more melodic and better performed than Somnambulistic Tunes.

It suits the music very well to be performed by some many musicians, as still the music is more TD-Thorsten-esque and catchy.

I would say 8-9/10.
any vocals mate?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Yes.

In the opening track Thorsten says/sings some words... there are also some brief poem recitals. At the gig it was done by Thorsten Spiller. The funny thing was that at one point dropped his five or so sheets of paper on the floor, while playing.
The guitarist Don, who was a part of the audience when he didn't play his wild solos, quickly hurried, to pick them up for Thorsten S.

The last track is a regular song (pretty gothic) sung by Stoppel, called The End of The End of Everything... very good album album (and concert) closer.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Yes.

In the opening track Thorsten says/sings some words... there are also some brief poem recitals. At the gig it was done by Thorsten Spiller. The funny thing was that at one point dropped his five or so sheets of paper on the floor, while playing.
The guitarist Don, who was a part of the audience when he didn't play his wild solos, quickly hurried, to pick them up for Thorsten S.

The last track is a regular song (pretty gothic) sung by Stoppel, called The End of The End of Everything... very good album album (and concert) closer.
Ok, I'll add to my list :D

The gig sounds really good. I'll have to see them one day. Btw it's interesting to read that Thorsten has followed Edgar to Vienna (just playing safe when I visit Berlin ? ;))
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

At one point I thought you would've walked out! :lol:

It was something special, I'm glad I went.

Thorsten played all sorts of instruments: Schrittmacher sequencer and Memotron(obviously, as Mario presented the show), various keyboards (couldn't see the brand, as there was black gaffer tape over the it - some business secret?), a guitar with a violin bow, drums etc.

I forgot to visit MK's shop, what's the address again?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

The track "Sleep Well Elisabeth" is very atmospheric in its conclusive phase. The guitars sound as they were performed at the gig - by Thorsten Spiller.

When you get to hear the album yourselves, you will notice the remarkable similarity between the song, and Thorsten's contributions to Springtime In Nagasaki. This beckons the questions:
1. was Thorsten Spiller contributing guitar to SIN?
2. or did Thorsten use samples of his guitar sounds?
Last edited by Pertou on Sat May 03, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I definately want to hear the two albums, I have only heard music for the winter solstice and that was very enjoyable, especially through the festive season. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:At one point I thought you would've walked out! :lol:

Thorsten played all sorts of instruments: Schrittmacher sequencer and Memotron(obviously, as Mario presented the show), various keyboards (couldn't see the brand, as there was black gaffer tape over the it - some business secret?), a guitar with a violin bow, drums etc.

I'll email you mate, btw did I show you the photos of MK?
Last edited by 24db on Sat May 03, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:At one point I thought you would've walked out! :lol:

http://www.outofline.de/content/index.htm

Lychener Str. 18, 10437 Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg
(OPEN: Montag bis Freitag 11.00 – 19.00 Uhr, Samstag 11.00 - 16.00 Uhr)
Fon: 030-44047234
Anfahrt: U-Bahn U2 & Tram M10 - Eberswalder Str.

http://www.outofline.de/content/stores.htm

http://www.wiretotheear.com/2008/04/02/ ... lin-store/

http://www.myspace.com/outoflinelabel
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Pertou wrote:The track "Sleep Well Elisabeth" is very atmospheric in its conclusive phase. The guitars sound as they were performed at the gig - by Thorsten Spiller.

When you get to hear the album yourselves, you will notice the remarkable similarity between the song, and Thorsten's contributions to Springtime In Nagasaki. This beckons the questions:
I notice that there are a lot of guitar sounds on TQ's tracks for Purple Diluvial. I did wonder whether it was keys or actual guitar. It's very difficult to tell these days.
Chris Monk

Re: Symphony For Vampires.

Post by Chris Monk »

Pertou wrote:Two words: Buy it!

I would say 8-9/10.
Thanks for the review Pertou. I've order a copy from CDS so I'm quite keen to her it now.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

like what I have heard so far, one of the tracks sounds like it could have been in Lost Boys, as that is a film about Vampires it makes sense ;)
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Pertou wrote:The track "Sleep Well Elisabeth" is very atmospheric in its conclusive phase. The guitars sound as they were performed at the gig - by Thorsten Spiller.

Hello Pertou,

This is absolutely NONSENSE what you are speculating here. TD is TD and there is only TD in it.
TD has nothing to do with the project PPM which follows a totally different musical aim, philosophy and style.

All the guitar sounds on Thorsten' s Springtime composition are definitely ordinary commercial sample sounds.

Please, Pertou, avoid mixing things up here which don't correspond to reality. Thanks.

Regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Whatever... I've never been a big fan of reality :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Whatever... I've never been a big fan of reality :wink:
it's your nature? ;)