Favourite track from Edgar

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

well, seeing as I'm BM, its a no brainer for me...

Despite wrestling with my drooling sycophantic adoration of Aqua, Macular Transfer and many other EF compositions....

its true...my favourite all time Edgar Froese solo track is Epsilon in Malaysian Pale/Maroubra Bay (I consider it as one composition....)

This is a landmark recording in Electronic Music history: landmark implies immovability and timelessness, a reference point. Anyone wishing to understand the amazing ability of electronic music to conjur up associative soundscapes in the minds eye should listen to EIMP and anyone interested in just how masterful Edgar was and is at the keyboard of a mellotron should listen to EIMP, with, I think, some deep deep respect.

Its not often I get really emotional, but when I do its when I listen to the music I love and know so well. Even now, decades after I first bought this record, it still strikes me silent, its music to totally get immersed in and thus should be listened to on occasions when one is in need of spiritual sustenance. A masterpiece, pure and simple.

There are other masterpieces, possibly.

If anyone thinks the above the writings of a pompous w**ker, then so be it - I regularly read www.pompousasswords.com and am known to wear a silken smoking jacket and recline in my chesterfield comfy chair as I pontificate to any within earshot, down the private members club in Mayfair, where I have held the 'you know I'm right' award 5 years running.

Big-moog, since 2003

a heavily edited version will be emailed to andy
...The wise.....are silent.....
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Off the top of my head, "Icarus" is definitely one of my absolute favorite EF compositions. I love the low bass motif that opens and closes the track and the insipiring guitar work throughout. Sheer genius!

Other faves on my EF hit parade: "Pizarro and Atahualpa" (great percussion!) and "Metropolis" (one of my all-time favorite movies).
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:well, seeing as I'm BM, its a no brainer for me...

Despite wrestling with my drooling sycophantic adoration of Aqua, Macular Transfer and many other EF compositions....

its true...my favourite all time Edgar Froese solo track is Epsilon in Malaysian Pale/Maroubra Bay (I consider it as one composition....)

This is a landmark recording in Electronic Music history: landmark implies immovability and timelessness, a reference point. Anyone wishing to understand the amazing ability of electronic music to conjur up associative soundscapes in the minds eye should listen to EIMP and anyone interested in just how masterful Edgar was and is at the keyboard of a mellotron should listen to EIMP, with, I think, some deep deep respect.

Its not often I get really emotional, but when I do its when I listen to the music I love and know so well. Even now, decades after I first bought this record, it still strikes me silent, its music to totally get immersed in and thus should be listened to on occasions when one is in need of spiritual sustenance. A masterpiece, pure and simple.

There are other masterpieces, possibly.

If anyone thinks the above the writings of a pompous w**ker, then so be it - I regularly read www.pompousasswords.com and am known to wear a silken smoking jacket and recline in my chesterfield comfy chair as I pontificate to any within earshot, down the private members club in Mayfair, where I have held the 'you know I'm right' award 5 years running.

Big-moog, since 2003

a heavily edited version will be emailed to andy
I dont think I've ever read a better post from the Mooger. And I couldnt agree more.

Both the fact that the original recording is unavailable and the fact that a re-recorded version *is* available is a crime.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I totally agree with BM on this:

EPSILON/MAROUBRA BAY -

maybe the best EM album EVER...
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I never pick a song yet. :!:

:!: :arrow:
Brien Comerford

Post by Brien Comerford »

The anti-hunting song "Hunter Shot By A Yellow Rabbit" is awesome. Great message and excellent guitar work and electronic music. I agree with Edgar that hunting foxes and other wildlife is inhumane and cruel.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Brien Comerford wrote:The anti-hunting song "Hunter Shot By A Yellow Rabbit" is awesome. Great message and excellent guitar work and electronic music. I agree with Edgar that hunting foxes and other wildlife is inhumane and cruel.
I agree, hunting and angling for fun, as well as having animals in captivity at zoo's is grotesque.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:
Brien Comerford wrote:The anti-hunting song "Hunter Shot By A Yellow Rabbit" is awesome. Great message and excellent guitar work and electronic music. I agree with Edgar that hunting foxes and other wildlife is inhumane and cruel.
I agree, hunting and angling for fun, as well as having animals in captivity at zoo's is grotesque.
Angling is fun JP but everything I catch goes back or gets eaten by the missus. I do see the cruel side of it though. It doesn't stop me goin fishin' though. :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Angling is fun JP but everything I catch goes back or gets eaten by the missus. I do see the cruel side of it though. It doesn't stop me goin fishin' though. :wink:
I am afraid I come from the train of thought that you must only kill to eat. People who fish just to have a look at the fish then throw it back in the sea are extremely cruel, I just don`t see how it can be enjoyable, the same with Fox Hunting. I remember seeing on the James Whale show years ago a recording of a fox hunt and hearing the fox screeching to death had the hard as nails James Whale in tears as it did me, it really had an effect on me that, I have actually supported the anti fox hunt march in the past.