New cd's from PPM and W.A.dePHUL

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

From Ralf's site:

Following a North America tour with Tangerine Dream 1988, I made a few more productions for them, before parting ways.

Several titles remained unreleased, but I always intended to change this. Continously improving them, a CD took shape. In 2006 the BLUE DAWN idea was born. On this record you can listen to some of these tracks, and Edgar adds some guitar.

I think it's a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind.

Now, you can hear the original versions of these tracks, all in the right context. It's a 67 minute kaleidoskop of sound and rhythm and atmospheres that you must hear again and again and again...

It will be published at MANIKIN records !

It can only be great :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Pertou wrote:From Ralf's site:

Following a North America tour with Tangerine Dream 1988, I made a few more productions for them, before parting ways.

Several titles remained unreleased, but I always intended to change this. Continously improving them, a CD took shape. In 2006 the BLUE DAWN idea was born. On this record you can listen to some of these tracks, and Edgar adds some guitar.

I think it's a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind.

Now, you can hear the original versions of these tracks, all in the right context. It's a 67 minute kaleidoskop of sound and rhythm and atmospheres that you must hear again and again and again...

It will be published at MANIKIN records !

It can only be great :D
So it's Blue Dawn II? Be interesting to hear.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I dunno, but the way it looks now, this release raises some questions: As far as I remember the story about Blue Dawn was that Edgar gave Ralph a call, asking him to work together on some unfinished music from the '88 tour, and so we got the "Blue Dawn" album, released under the TD name, and releasing Ralph Wadephul from falling into oblivion. And now, instead of appreciating the unexpected publicity boost, here's Ralph Wadephul telling us (quote) "I think it's a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind." So now this artist gives us (quote) "the original versions of these tracks, all in the right context.". That's like telling us not to buy the (inferior, according to him), "Blue Dawn", but instead getting the real, polished thing released under his own name.

Not sure if I've missed a major part of the story, but I don't think this is nice of Mr. Wadephul. He had 20 years since 1988 to compose his own solo material, and I'm sure such material would have been welcomed after the TD "Blue Dawn" release, but instead he releases an "improved" Blue Dawn (I don't know if it is, but that's the way he advertises the CD on his website). Begs the question why we didn't get his 100 % when he worked with Edgar. Hmm.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Michael66 wrote: "I think it's a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind."...Hmm.
Yes, this is very odd. was Ralf too afraid of telling Edgar that the recording sessions was taking a direction he didn't have in mind?
I mean, he should have noticed it in the process. :) :?
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:I dunno, but the way it looks now, this release raises some questions: As far as I remember the story about Blue Dawn was that Edgar gave Ralph a call, asking him to work together on some unfinished music from the '88 tour, and so we got the "Blue Dawn" album, released under the TD name, and releasing Ralph Wadephul from falling into oblivion. And now, instead of appreciating the unexpected publicity boost, here's Ralph Wadephul telling us (quote) "I think it's a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind." So now this artist gives us (quote) "the original versions of these tracks, all in the right context.". That's like telling us not to buy the (inferior, according to him), "Blue Dawn", but instead getting the real, polished thing released under his own name.

Not sure if I've missed a major part of the story, but I don't think this is nice of Mr. Wadephul. He had 20 years since 1988 to compose his own solo material, and I'm sure such material would have been welcomed after the TD "Blue Dawn" release, but instead he releases an "improved" Blue Dawn (I don't know if it is, but that's the way he advertises the CD on his website). Begs the question why we didn't get his 100 % when he worked with Edgar. Hmm.
sounds like Ralf's memory has been Tangetised to me :P...either that or he's having his cake and eating it
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

He's basically releasing the material from '88 (that later became Blue Dawn) in its natural state (ie. as it was recorded then).

Schmoelling's doing the same thing with his early '80s material- with the exception of 2 tracks, which were in such a bad state of decay that they required him to re-record them.
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

Beaubourg wrote:He's basically releasing the material from '88 (that later became Blue Dawn) in its natural state (ie. as it was recorded then).

Schmoelling's doing the same thing with his early '80s material- with the exception of 2 tracks, which were in such a bad state of decay that they required him to re-record them.
Now this I would like hear! The early demo tracks from Kyoto were clearly vintage stuff, yet the actual release, imho, sounded like it had been completely reworked using modern synths.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

DaveAS wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:Schmoelling's doing the same thing with his early '80s material- with the exception of 2 tracks, which were in such a bad state of decay that they required him to re-record them.
Now this I would like hear! The early demo tracks from Kyoto were clearly vintage stuff, yet the actual release, imho, sounded like it had been completely reworked using modern synths.
Imagine Schmoelling saying in the liner notes to his soon to be released vintage album: "I think Tangram is a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind." ... :wink:
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

Michael66 wrote:
DaveAS wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:Schmoelling's doing the same thing with his early '80s material- with the exception of 2 tracks, which were in such a bad state of decay that they required him to re-record them.
Imagine Schmoelling saying in the liner notes to his soon to be released vintage album: "I think Tangram is a great album, but it wasn't the thing I had in my mind." ... :wink:
Lol. :D

Hopefully he means Kyoto source material sans "improvements".
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Michael66 wrote:
DaveAS wrote:
ROFL.

"...yes. I was thinking of something a lot more disco but Edgar made me take it out". :wink:
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I received since a few minutes the cd's of PPM and Ralf W .
Very nice covers .
I will hear the cd's this afternoon in my car.

In the PPM CD ,Thorsten Q is not the only composer as in Somnanbulistic tunes.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr