Paul Haslinger's "Underworld"

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Paul Haslinger's "Underworld"

Post by Jon »

What do you think of this music?

I saw the film some days ago - it really wasn't my kind of movie, Blade, Dark City, The Crow and Matrix all into one.

I didn't enjoy the music either, too strange and goth-industrial for my taste. No themes or melodies.
24db

Re: Paul Haslinger's "Underworld"

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:What do you think of this music?

I saw the film some days ago - it really wasn't my kind of movie, Blade, Dark City, The Crow and Matrix all into one.

I didn't enjoy the music either, too strange and goth-industrial for my taste. No themes or melodies.
I jumped off the PH Hollywood bandwagon some time ago, so I can't comment.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Well, you shouldn't jump off! :D

Several interesting things in Haslinger's film music - Sleeper Cell, The Girl Next Door (with some Risky Business quotes), Blue Crush, Crazy/Beautiful, Cheaters, Pointman (more RB quotes...)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Cant comment on "Underworld" as i have not heard this one............must get around to it pretty soon :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:Well, you shouldn't jump off! :D

Several interesting things in Haslinger's film music - Sleeper Cell, The Girl Next Door (with some Risky Business quotes), Blue Crush, Crazy/Beautiful, Cheaters, Pointman (more RB quotes...)
well, to be honest the only thing from Paul I ever liked was Coma Virus, everything else wasn't to my taste
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Yeah I agree its the LA soundtrack bug that everybodies catching -- but I think he's still very fresh and looking forward to his new 3am when he gets the time to complete it (loved Score). Theres good and bad in the soundtrack stuff - Girl next door V Sleeper cell etc. A lot of his stuff is available to hear on his excellent site. He's doing OK in my book.
David Fox
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I like most of Paul's stuff. Coma Virus is much closer to his stuff with Lightwave, and very special, but I see it more as a side project of his.

World Without Rules is probably my least favourite, as there is too much heavy stuff and screaming world sampling, but Score was excellent imho.

Underworld has its very good moments, but can be a little monotonous at other times. Above all, I am so glad that he has retained the electronics unlike a certain other ex-TDer.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

As I write I videotape Underworld from the tv. The movie is probably rubbish, but I already hear a nod to Near Dark (mind you its a vampire flick)

His album World Without Rules is quite good,
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:As I write I videotape Underworld from the tv. The movie is probably rubbish, but I already hear a nod to Near Dark (mind you its a vampire flick)

His album World Without Rules is quite good,
I agree Jacob,World Without rules is a good listen as is the music from Underworld 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:D I quite liked the Underworld film and I think Paul's soundtrack is superb. This is my favourite PH album to date. :D
Biggus Dickus
timer

Post by timer »

Sleeper Cell had a very good Soundtrack by PH.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Paul Haslinger News

Vacancy Soundtrack & Shoot 'Em Up updates...
Body: On August 28th, Commotion Records will be putting out the original soundtrack for the Screen Gems Motion Picture, "Vacancy". It will contain 22 pieces of score, including Paul's, Bernard Herman-inspired, Main and End Titles. The body of the score is more current and constructed with Paul's usual technique of blending and transforming source materials of various kinds. In this case, special attention was directed towards the production of metal-derived sounds, anything from refrigerator doors to bowed wheelspikes. This album also includes 3 remixes of the Main Title piece by Michael Fakesch, Lustmord and Christoph Harbonnier.

The Album is available for Pre-Order now at amazon.com

The soundtrack will also be available digitally on store such as iTunes, Yahoo, and other online music stores on August 21st.

For more info check out Commotion Records Site
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I tried to watch the video i recorded, a couple of days of ago.
It only confirms me that the best Vampire film I've seen is Near Dark. If Vampires were real, they would act more like drug addicts than streamlined grey/blue-tinted good-lookers with phallic-looking handguns.

I woke up during the end credits, and though some nice music, I'm sure not much of it was PH.
Last edited by Pertou on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

Post by ant »

:D epsilon 75 - When I looked Vacancy up on Amazon it said it was by a group called Vacancy, not Paul Haslinger. Is it one and the same?? :D
Biggus Dickus