Klaus Schulze..

akaihead
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by akaihead »

Awaiting my copy.

Always liked KS particulary when we goes mad and releases 10 cd's of new music Silver edition in 92!!!

The three chords are always the same but the mood that he captures in a piece is unsurpassed.

Best concert I've ever been to -- Royal Albert Hall in 91 - met him Great friendly person.

Wish him well...........
David Fox
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

akaihead wrote:Awaiting my copy.

Always liked KS particulary when we goes mad and releases 10 cd's of new music Silver edition in 92!!!

The three chords are always the same but the mood that he captures in a piece is unsurpassed.

Best concert I've ever been to -- Royal Albert Hall in 91 - met him Great friendly person.

Wish him well...........
The Royal Festival Hall mustv'e been awesome the two discs ducumenting that show are up there with his best. 8)
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Yeah what was great here was the acoustics - the hall was perfect for the mood - everything was spot on - audience reaction was great - to hear the 'samples' come through the monitors rattled your bones !! - its a while back but I still remember it well. Think KS made reference to the hall as being excellent for tone.

Up there with the best........... :wink:
David Fox
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

akaihead wrote:Yeah what was great here was the acoustics - the hall was perfect for the mood - everything was spot on - audience reaction was great - to hear the 'samples' come through the monitors rattled your bones !! - its a while back but I still remember it well. Think KS made reference to the hall as being excellent for tone.

Up there with the best........... :wink:
Sadly I'll more than likely never have the chance to attend a KS gig. I read somewhere he may never play a live show again. I'm sure this came from Klaus himself :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:

Wish him well...........
The Royal Festival Hall mustv'e been awesome the two discs ducumenting that show are up there with his best. 8)

I agree with you John,i bought both those discs for £3.99 and it was money well spent,excellent it is :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:

Wish him well...........

I agree with you John,i bought both those discs for £3.99 and it was money well spent,excellent it is :arrow:

BM was at RFH 91, comments posted elsewhen.......great to see KS, but I was disappointed over all............ :cry:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

I've never really got into the Royal Festival Hall CDs. :?

I just reckon there's way too many samples and the music isn't allowed to flow like his older live outings.

I've tried a few times, but just get bored...
Be at one with the sequencing.....
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

I have those Silver Edition 10CDs along with Historic Edtion 10CDs.
Both great sets. Understand there is also a mammoth 25CD set which I don't have or have not seen?

Not keen on the Royal Albert Hall 91 cds but must have been fantastic to have been in attendance at the gig to see KS live.
Did see him at a live gig at the Derby Guildhall sometime in the early 90s (can't remember the actual year). Mind blowing!
Ode To Granny A
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

boruncy wrote:

I have those Silver Edition 10CDs along with Historic Edtion 10CDs.
Both great sets. Understand there is also a mammoth 25CD set which I don't have or have not seen?

Not keen on the Royal Albert Hall 91 cds but must have been fantastic to have been in attendance at the gig to see KS live.
Did see him at a live gig at the Derby Guildhall sometime in the early 90s (can't remember the actual year). Mind blowing!

Isnt there a complete 100 CD set as well,or could it be two 50s :? :arrow:
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

Isnt there a complete 100 CD set as well,or could it be two 50s
I stand corrected. Have just checked the KS website and Silver, Historic, Jubilee and now Ultimate edition are all listed on there.

Well done KDM. :wink:
Ode To Granny A
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

boruncy wrote:
Isnt there a complete 100 CD set as well,or could it be two 50s
I stand corrected. Have just checked the KS website and Silver, Historic, Jubilee and now Ultimate edition are all listed on there.

Well done KDM. :wink:
To be honest i was not 100 percent sure :wink: But a mate of mine is a huge KS fan and i remember him saying that he bought them :arrow:
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

Yes but unfortunately you need a healthy bank balance or loan to buy them, epsilon.

I remember when i purchased both the Silver & Historic editions they set me back well over £150 back then when they were released.
Still well worth it when you consider the vast KS material that's on the discs.
Ode To Granny A
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

boruncy wrote:Yes but unfortunately you need a healthy bank balance or loan to buy them, epsilon.

I remember when i purchased both the Silver & Historic editions they set me back well over £150 back then when they were released.
Still well worth it when you consider the vast KS material that's on the discs.
Oh yes i agree...........a must purchase for the die hard fan 8)
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

The Ultimate Edition is basically the Silver Edition 10CD Set, The Historic Edition 10CD set, the Jubilee Edition 25CD Set, and 5 additional bonus CDs, all of which total 50 CDs.

I purchased the Ultimate Editon 50CD myself back in 2001 from Manikin in Berlin and paid 900 German DM, which was about £300....

......A wise investment me thinks as it's given me hours of listening pleasure over the years and the 50 CDs totalling 64 hours of music spanning the years 1968 - 2000 still fascinate me..... :wink:
Last edited by Schulze on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at one with the sequencing.....
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

A wise investment me thinks as it's given me hours of listening pleasure
A wise investment indeed Schulze! :wink:
Ode To Granny A