Klaus Schulze..

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Klaus Schulze..

Post by sparrow »

No new TD for me on Xmas day. I do have the KS reissues ..Trancefer , Timewind & Drums & Balls to look forward to. I hear that the label ballsed up yet another album (trancefer). I thought they would have got it right as I've already had to return three of the earlier albums.
24db

Re: Klaus Schulze..

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:No new TD for me on Xmas day. I do have the KS reissues ..Trancefer , Timewind & Drums & Balls to look forward to. I hear that the label ballsed up yet another album (trancefer). I thought they would have got it right as I've already had to return three of the earlier albums.
That's a real shame as Trancefer is my favourite record by Klaus. To be honest even though I think the digi-pack re-issues (with extra tracks and new sleeve notes) are good, I've stopped buying them, due 'partially' to the continuing mastering problems and the fact I'm probably just buying them for the sake of it...do I really need all of Klaus's stuff twice? I don't think so.

Ive done the same thing Andy,i bought the first four digi-packs but stopped at that.............its ok if you've got an endless supply of money,but binmen dont get paid enough :( :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The Trancefer reissue is only very slightly faulty. There is only about three seconds of distortion on the first bonus track, which are slight variations on the originals. If you like trancefer you'll love the bonuses.
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR

Post by DSJR »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:The Trancefer reissue is only very slightly faulty. There is only about three seconds of distortion on the first bonus track, which are slight variations on the originals. If you like trancefer you'll love the bonuses.
So I hear, no I've jumped off the remaster bandwagon, for 'me' it's got more to do with musicians bank balances than music (just my opinion obviously)
I think in some cases there's much to be said for a remaster if a better master tape is found, or if the original was ballsed up in the mid eighties, but if the original is good there's no point. I've read terrible reviews (and heard some myself) of re-issues that sound a lot worse - the worst so far was the SACD "Dark Side Of The Moon", the stereo version of which has been ruined with "sonic sweetening", also some id nineties Ozric Tentacles...Conversly, Atem is a triumph now, in my view.

Steve Hillage has his work being re-released in mid Jan. I'll have to get at least one or two, as there's a demo (?) of leylines To Glassdom that I want...
Last edited by DSJR on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

University students have yet less of a money supply than binmen and railwaymen both, I'd bet. Has anyone put yet together a summary on which reissues are worth it and which aren't, & why?

Just the 70s will suffice too; I only got up to "X" before the reissues came out, so whatever I'm eventually going to get from the 80s/90s will have to be from the re-releases anyway.
(So far I have Dreams and En=Trance. BTW I've found the former's bonus track the best thing on either!)
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

24db wrote:Lend me your ears and taste and I'll write you a defintive list ;) seriously though it's next to impossible to judge
Yeah, I realize that. OK, to be less subjectiv, I'll rephrase more rigidly: is there a summary somewhere on what kind of bonus material do the 70s re-releases include? Full-length alt. mixes? Cutting room floor scraps? Completely original tracks that were shelved for space issues? Live jams?
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Tropylium wrote:
24db wrote:Lend me your ears and taste and I'll write you a defintive list ;) seriously though it's next to impossible to judge
Yeah, I realize that. OK, to be less subjectiv, I'll rephrase more rigidly: is there a summary somewhere on what kind of bonus material do the 70s re-releases include? Full-length alt. mixes? Cutting room floor scraps? Completely original tracks that were shelved for space issues? Live jams?
hmmm the only place I've seen anything like that is over at the Emforum
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

I should suspect so, just wondered if anyone had a summary ready. emforum has something like six threds à 10 pages on the subject…
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.