concert Klaus Schulze Paris 06 april 2008

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
see you there Andy :D
I'll be the one moaning about the restricted view and charging other people £50 for the pleasure..oh no, hang on, that's JMJ at the RAH ;)

well, I just paid 160 notes for the pleasure of seeing JMJ at RAH....lets hope Im not stuck behind a pillar
for £160 you should be able to keep the pillar (and a knocked off ARP 2600) ;)

Hang on, you can't be the same Moog (B.M) that was saying that Oxygene was dull the other day?...can you? :D ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

ahem, wot I meant was that playing oxygene was like doing the dishes/running a bath/zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ie familiar and unexciting....still a grat piece of 70's synthesized orchestralian musique...but in no way me best fav record....but we are going to RAH because I have nothing better to do on that day :o
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:ahem, wot I meant was that playing oxygene was like doing the dishes/running a bath/zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ie familiar and unexciting....still a grat piece of 70's synthesized orchestralian musique...but in no way me best fav record....but we are going to RAH because I have nothing better to do on that day :o
lol...fair enough, either that or a night in with Corrie :shock:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:ahem, wot I meant was that playing oxygene was like doing the dishes/running a bath/zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ie familiar and unexciting....still a grat piece of 70's synthesized orchestralian musique...but in no way me best fav record....but we are going to RAH because I have nothing better to do on that day :o
Should be an amazing gig. Oxygene isn`t my favorite Jarre album but its still a classic INMHO. Just wish I could go to this London Gig. :cry:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:
Should be an amazing gig. Oxygene isn`t my favorite Jarre album but its still a classic INMHO. Just wish I could go to this London Gig. :cry:

there are still a few tickets left and quite a few on the various ticket brokerage sites....1,000 quid for a box...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:
cantosis wrote:

there are still a few tickets left and quite a few on the various ticket brokerage sites....1,000 quid for a box...
I have to tighten the purse strings unfortunately, I have pushed the boat out to make Edgar Froese day so no more gigs for the time being, I hope he might do some more gigs at the end of the year.

Still I can always put on the Live In Your Living Room DVD :lol:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

going to any concert/gig these days costs so much green that I sometimes wonder whether its worth the trouble....this year is turning out to be expensive and its only january....and we still have all the upcoming TD /Ef releases etc
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

I put off Holland for Bologna!!!

ehhhhh flights booked and all :oops:

Yes - To much green and not enough information/confirmation. :roll:
David Fox
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:going to any concert/gig these days costs so much green that I sometimes wonder whether its worth the trouble....this year is turning out to be expensive and its only january....and we still have all the upcoming TD /Ef releases etc
Of course it's worth it, I guess we all realise that these original artists won't be touring for much longer...so, catch 'em whilst you can. You'd only regret it if you didn't :)
timer

Post by timer »

Am I missing anything by not hearing anything of KS's output apart from the TD years ?

If so can someone point me in the right direction of some decent KS cd Titles for me to get hold of.

I must admit his earlier covers had me as intrigued as the TD covers used to .
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

bigmoog wrote:going to any concert/gig these days costs so much green that I sometimes wonder whether its worth the trouble....
I have no car and traveling by train or flying, plus money for the ticket and hotel, that's all just too expensive for me... but because of that I can save all my "music money" for the upcoming TD/EF releases. :-)
The total cost of visiting just one live concert probably equals the cost of buying all of TD's + EF's CD- and DVD releases within 2-3 years straight from the Eastgate shop...
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

timer wrote:Am I missing anything by not hearing anything of KS's output apart from the TD years ?

If so can someone point me in the right direction of some decent KS cd Titles for me to get hold of.

I must admit his earlier covers had me as intrigued as the TD covers used to .
If you already know the 70s Schulze, try your luck with the '81 Trancefer, the '83 "Audentity" or the '88 "En=Trance". Some also say the '95 "In Blue" is a masterpiece, but in my opinion it's just another KS release which could be good if the tracks would be 3 times shorter than they are.

There are some interesting discs and tracks in his various box sets, but they are probably hard to find by now.
24db

Post by 24db »

or try X, Body Love, Mirage, Dig It and Inter*face, they and (as has been mentioned before) Trancefer and Audentity are Klaus's best for me :) Moondawn and Timewind are good, although and mind that beverage...are IMHO over-rated slightly ;)

The 12 inch single Macksy is good as well :)
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would stick to the newer ones Kontinuum and Moonlake are very good as is Dosburg
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

looks like poor timer has to buy them all now ... :wink: Recommendations are really difficult.

Mirage and Moondawn are in my Top 10 records of all time, but for including 80s - preent time Schulze music, I'd need a Top 50 list probably...