Who's he going to call?

Scorpion_Saga
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Scorpion_Saga »

Mike Oldfield ...
It's cold out here...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Jerome Froese :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Janus

Post by Janus »

:idea: Dennis Dithmar & Vangelis :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
Michael66 wrote:In 1983 he said in a German interview

Question: "You don't like Kraftwerk?"
Froese: "No, but I can understand that people like them."

So if he did like Kraftwerk in 1977, but he didn't like them anymore in 1983, we now have irrefutable proof even Mr. Froese changes his opinions now and then...

:shock: He's alive...! :shock:

;-)
I wonder if the 1977 interview might even be earlier? as it mentions Rubcyon and the introduction quotes from a review:

Metro Radio, Music People with Jim Macdonald: USA 1977?

Introduction “And just before we go back in to the interview I’d like to read for you an album review of this album Rubycon that appeared in Beat Instrumental in May of 1975 and the author who I unfortunately don’t know, starts off by saying that he’d like to know really how to review an album like this and he doesn’t know what kind of criticisms to pass on Tangerine Dream, because you under stand the problem with Rubycon is that is quite unlike anything most people have come across before. Certainly there have been both Jazz and Avant Garde artists this century who have abandoned the restrictions of melodic and rhythmic form, that isn’t what Tangerine Dream have achieved, but it would appear what they have done is capture the various ideas that have been floating around the music world for the last 50 years or so, contribute a great musical skill to them and it should put them over to wide audience, it goes on to say for that reason alone they will be assured a massive success as they break completely new ground in the history popular music and goes on to call the album superb, a major triumph etc etc and he ends up the article by making an interesting comment, he ends it up by saying, ‘Yes Rubycon is the forerunner of tomorrows music and strangely enough we find ourselves at the beginning of another new era, all of a sudden things feel different a bit like 1962 all over again, in fact it’s a nice sensation’ Whether or not this is may be true or not it is an interesting idea to look at, whilst listening to this totally electronic music and I had a caller call up and say he really enjoyed it and he also agreed with Edgar Froese, that bands who jump around and do things on stage are not his style, and I’ve just received that call. I have to read a few public service messages before we go back in to the interview, and Jim Macdonald…”
What an interesting review of Rubycon!!
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Rolf Harris, James Last, Richard Clayderman :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Captain Beefheart 8) :P
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:Captain Beefheart 8) :P
A perfect choice for the follow-up album to MFD, Colin :shock: :wink: :idea:
24db

Post by 24db »

Edgar shouldn't be calling anybody....everybody should be calling him!
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:Edgar shouldn't be calling anybody....everybody should be calling him!
His number is 1-555-KINGEDGAR
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Captain Beefheart 8) :P
A perfect choice for the follow-up album to MFD, Colin :shock: :wink: :idea:
Now that would be something i would pay big bucks to see :P 8) :D