Klaus Schulze

Ger-TD-Fan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Klaus Schulze

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

RIP :-(
tdfan

Re: Klaus Schulze

Post by tdfan »

Mr Schulze changed his cosmic address
:arrow:
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

tdfan wrote:Mr Schulze changed his cosmic address
This has honestly become a painfully overused phrase. Edgar originally said it ONE TIME in reference to the passing of Conrad Schnitzler, then it got co-opted by anyone & everyone referencing Edgar's subsequent death- including those involved in that hastily assembled & released "tribute" album by Shyster & Company, UK (aka Mark Jenkins).
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
This has honestly become a painfully overused phrase.
I agree.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TheXFactor wrote:
This has honestly become a painfully overused phrase. Edgar originally said it ONE TIME in reference to the passing of Conrad Schnitzler, then it got co-opted by anyone & everyone referencing Edgar's subsequent death- including those involved in that hastily assembled & released "tribute" album by Shyster & Company, UK (aka Mark Jenkins).
I don't see the harm. It is a very nice way of describing ones death or leavetaking from this earth. It is open to the interpretor, whether he/she is a believer or a spiritual person or not. It is used on official t-shirts from TD and in posts from the official TD team. Edgar formulated a saying that really tells it all. And it can be used no matter what your philosoiphy of life might be.
Have a safe journey to your new cosmic address, Klaus.
One of my most influental and important musicians ever.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

It doesn't matter to me how some think that a word like this or that is an issue about someone else passing away and not staying with us forever.

I have loved and lived this music since 1973, and to this day, I have never found anything/anyone that had as much courage to do what he did, as we could easily see in his live sessions with Lisa ... something that not a single other musician has ever done, and still CREATE some wonderful stuff ... that is forever loved and lives in my heart.

Always loved the trips, regardless, and I was upset for many years when the WORKS series was not available, and in it was some material that was absolutely his best and prettiest, even if different and with others experimenting and living their way through long pieces. It was disappointing then when one of his folks that sent me a letter about my request to get stuff available that told me to get fucked. A couple of years later, many of these started showing up as individual CD's and I have gotten several since, but am having a hard tine getting many of the others.

It doesn't matter. I think I have enough and can live with what I have.

I miss the music, and love it more than ever .... but even that jerk could not break my heart on the music. Great music, regardless, eventually finds its way to where it belongs, and this material finally did as it deserved and should have been shown before.

With all due respects, care and love for the family, I would have been very proud and happy to have been with someone like him for so long and appreciate all this work. I am not sure many artists can understand that or appreciate it like it really meant something to them ... but I seriously doubt that some of these artists do not listen ... the music tells us otherwise!

With much love and heart ...
Network23

Post by Network23 »

Hipgnosis wrote:Always loved the trips, regardless, and I was upset for many years when the WORKS series was not available, and in it was some material that was absolutely his best and prettiest, even if different and with others experimenting and living their way through long pieces. It was disappointing then when one of his folks that sent me a letter about my request to get stuff available that told me to get fucked. A couple of years later, many of these started showing up as individual CD's and I have gotten several since, but am having a hard tine getting many of the others.
That's terrible (was it KDM?). Either way, Klaus' music is majorly hit-and-miss after the '70s. You probably don't "need" it. This is further proven by the succession of La Vie Electronique volumes (I have nowhere near all of them, yet I feel I have too many).

It became chic (more so in recent years) to "prefer" KS to TD, but I don't think he's on the same level as Edgar or Johannes as a composer. Klaus did make nice music in the '70s.
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Network23 wrote:
Hipgnosis wrote:Always loved the trips, regardless, and I was upset for many years when the WORKS series was not available, and in it was some material that was absolutely his best and prettiest, even if different and with others experimenting and living their way through long pieces. It was disappointing then when one of his folks that sent me a letter about my request to get stuff available that told me to get fucked. A couple of years later, many of these started showing up as individual CD's and I have gotten several since, but am having a hard tine getting many of the others.
That's terrible (was it KDM?). [...]
I'd be surprised if it weren't him
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

My all time favorite is "MOONDAWN". I shall not forget his legacy. Many great albums.

-FS fka MD-
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl