Rant about TD DVD'S

whiteeagle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Rant about TD DVD'S

Post by whiteeagle »

I'm writing just to say that TD could have issued DVD's with old concert performances from 70's and 80's.
Although there many DVD's circulated from the fans to the fans (thanks Duncan!)
they 're dubbed from old video tapes and their quality is poor (this is not the trader's fault, but the video tapes have the tendency to loose quality as years pass by)
Well, for example, I know that Greek TV had filmed the whole 1983 concert here, the same as "POLAND" and the Berlin 1981 concert had been played in TV as "Alpha Baboon."
There's somewhere in the TD site, a segment from "Horizons" from the Athens concert IN COLOR.
Also I think that in photos from 1980 East Berlin concert are visible cameras that filming the concert -correct me if I'm wrong.
So come on TD, release some premium quality DVD's from your old concerts: find the masters from the tv stations and if you can't release them by your own company, find an reissues archive DVD company that does!
Thanks for listening!!!
Sorry for the bad English

Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming :)
Nick-Greece
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Yes, do release highlights of the 1977 tour.... that would be really good.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I'm sure a lot of folks would welcome vintage TD dvd's regardless of quality. Who knows maybe one day.
24db

Post by 24db »

Don't hold your breath lads

Better just to get them off other fans and enjoy what there is IMHO
JD

Post by JD »

Im sure if Edgar was to get the rights back to these shows then he would release them.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:Im sure if Edgar was to get the rights back to these shows then he would release them.
Sadly I think the chances of Edgar pulling the stops out, only for a third of the profit to go to Chris are less than zero. Unless a third party can release whatever they have (like Tony Palmers Coventry DVD). In the end it boils down to sales and perhaps a company would think they wouldn't sell enough items these days to cover costs?

the EM market is small, and getting smaller and more fragmented by the week and music industry works of the bottom line...profit!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

It's on my list to do if i win big on the lottery :wink: :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:It's on my list to do if i win big on the lottery :wink: :roll:
did you buy a ticket this week Daz?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yes i did fat lot it did me :cry:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:Yes i did fat lot it did me :cry:
damn 'Lads put that film back in the canister'!
ant

Post by ant »

:( Can't ever see any of the earlier concerts being released - not all the time there is bad feeling between Edgar and CF. Shame but that's the way it goes I suppose. Mind you I can't see why CF would refuse to let them be issued as it sure wouldn't do him any harm!! :(
Biggus Dickus
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Whilst its great that TD are finally releasing concert DVD's on a regular basis I think its a shame there is so much repetition of some of the tracks.

This is particularly dissapointing when you consider that they have circa 300 hours worth of music to select from. For me the high points are when they play something unexpected like Russian Sole for instance on the recent DVD release.

Also with such a pool of great music why do they need tp play cover versions ? This is the domain of bands who only have one or two albums who need to pad out a concert or those who are incapable or writing anything themselves. So why does Edgar bother with them ?

How about the next London concert being free of anything they have played in recent years !

How about the following track listing for the next concert !

Valley of the Sun
Summer Storm
Tiergarten
Madrigal Meridian
Snow on Dragons Peak
Haze of Fame
Polish Dance
Horizon
Sungate
FaIrfax
Marakesh
Long Island Sunset
In the Cherry Blossom HillS
Navel of Light Part 2
Charly the Kid
Rubycon Part 1
San Buena Ventura
Death of a Nightingale

These isnt my personal top 20 or anything but it would make a change from Warsaw in the Sun, Midnight Trail, Girl on the Stairs etc

Come on Edgar mix things up a bit !
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A good selection of tracks listed above. Nice to see Marrakesh, Valley of the Kings & Death of a Nightingale included. I don't really care for TD's covers. IMO they murder 'Purple Haze' on all versions. House of the Rising Sun is OK but has been done to death.
24db

Post by 24db »

Great post Hyperborea, although I can't see Edgar playing the first one

btw some more soundtrack stuff would be nice, especially 'Burning Force' from Firestarter or one of the tracks from Near Dark
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I my own comment.
No Blu-ray Disc. :x :wink:

:!: :arrow: