The state of things

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The state of things

Post by exit81 »

I have to agree with Projekt Electonic here...unless it's for a new band who don't have the finances available, I don't agree with fans funding the products of long-established bands like TD months or even years before they are ready. If a production company can't fund a simple documentary themselves, then they shouldn't really be in business. I can safely predict half of the running time will be talking heads, which are so cheap to film and edit. As for the book, someone of TD's standing and financial security should easily be able to absorb the cost of printing one book, even if they're self-publishing it.
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

I agree with Exit81 you would think that TD would be able to self fund the book but they chose the option not to, offered the fans the chance and those that wanted a copy of the book could chose to subscribe or not...nobody forced us to buy it. The very sad passing of Edgar was obviously going to cause a delay but, as a previous poster said, all good things come to those who wait. All the moaners on here seem to have missed one point, Eastgate said you could have your money back if you did not want to wait. So instead of moaning...ask for your money back. Me, like a number of others, I will wait until it finally is produced as its a band I love and I am prepared to wait for something that I am sure will be special and a great tribute to Edgar.
ant

Post by ant »

:( TD were a popular band and always my favourites but they have never sold as many albums as other 'big' bands like Queen, The Rolling Stones etc. and therefore were never rolling in money like some of them. Edgar never wanted to be a 'star', his life was dedicated to producing the music he wanted to and not reaching number one in the charts. Yes, he was probably 'comfortable' but not mega rich, so I can well ubderstand them needing funding. If it was Brian May or Mick Jagger, then, yes, they could easily fund it themselves but TD were not in that league, financially, and that was what made them special. :)
Biggus Dickus