TD will come to an end in 2017

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD will come to an end in 2017

Post by Jon »

At least that's what Edgar said in a new interview.
Steve C

Re: TD will come to an end in 2017

Post by Steve C »

Come on Jon, you can't just post this and not give the source of the interview !!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 1iq0b.html

Final 2 paragraphs...
Many thanks for the link T4N63R1N3 DR34M - interesting interview.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Well thats what was said but doing something for so long ... do you ever really leave down your tools . I know I can't ... in the context of live tours & gigs yes I can see this . But I still can see music coming form that mid Europe direction . Edgar is too creative just to stop . I have a feeling he will still play those keys .... its a passion , a language that can be silenced .

Geoff ( ElectroCelt) 8) :D
ant

Post by ant »

:) Had a feeling that 2017 would be the final year for TD, being 50 years since they formed in 1967. I was hoping maybe that it would be 2020 being 50 years from the release of their first album but I suppose that was just wishful thinking on my part!! Would be nice if Edgar could carry on recording beyond that, even as solo albums, and just give up the TD name and the live performances but even if that does not happen we can all feel privileged to have been around at the time of this wonderful band of musicians and to have been blessed with so much amazing, powerful, emotional and inspirational music over the last 47 years!! And who knows what may still be around in the vaults and archives of previously unreleased TD material??? They have been a huge part of my life since 1970 and 2017 will be a very sad time for me but there is so much material I have collected over those years and some wonderful DVD's that will keep the name Tangerine Dream alive for me until the day I move on to bigger things and who knows, with the possibilty of meeting up with TD in another life - wow, now that is a terrific thought! Whatever lies ahead, all I can say is thank you to Edgar and all the other participating members of TD over the years, for a most astonishing 50 years here on planet Earth. :D
Biggus Dickus
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Edgar Froese once said in an interview:
"On the 29. September 1990 TD will disband. That's definite." He said, that TD was planned as a 20-year project that will disband in 1990.
Source is the German magazine "musik-elektronik", issue 4/1985, page 12. Interview by Peter Schäfer.
We all know what happened after 1990 :-)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Okefenokee wrote:Edgar Froese once said in an interview:
"On the 29. September 1990 TD will disband. That's definite." He said, that TD was planned as a 20-year project that will disband in 1990.
Source is the German magazine "musik-elektronik", issue 4/1985, page 12. Interview by Peter Schäfer.
We all know what happened after 1990 :-)
Well, he was 46 years old in 1990. In 2017 he's 73...........
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

I don't know if you know the german-speaking artist Johannes Heesters. He performed on stage until the age of 107 - shortly before he died.
Still 37 years to go, Edgar :-D
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Were it up to Edgar's statements, TD would already have ceased to operate in 1987. Or 1990. Or 1992. Or 1997. Or 2002. Or....

TD will cease to exist when Edgar ceases to exist, easy as that.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Okefenokee wrote:I don't know if you know the german-speaking artist Johannes Heesters. He performed on stage until the age of 107 - shortly before he died.
Still 37 years to go, Edgar :-D
Johannes Heesters was a lot fresher-looking when he passed away than Edgar is looking now. I'm sorry to say that.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
redziller

Post by redziller »

Well, you know what? Come 2017 if EF feels like doing a leeetle more music, hell, maybe he will.

May stop tomorrow.

:arrow:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

Sadly it now looks like it ended Jan 20. 2015. I don't think you can have Tangerine Dream without Edgar. He was the motor of creative energy. RIP Edgar Froese.
Raphalge

Post by Raphalge »

:oops: Can't keep lurking. Have to add my voice in all this.

I'm an eclectic music fan, TD is one of a number of groups I follow. TD has been special to me not least because I was born in 1970, and often feel it's been fun to have a group that's been regularly releasing and performing music as long as I've been alive. So if I'm feeling grief at this time, I know it's probably not as strong as for most of you regular contributors, and far less than it must be for the remaining group members and the Froese family.

I'll say this though. The "Force Majeure" autobiography has recently been completed, a new phase of TD has just been initiated and the final formation of TD has been chosen. This indicates to me that some kind of three-year-plan has been instigated for finishing up the story of TD. Various projects must be at least semi-complete while others are bubbling along in the planning stages. A number of shows must have been preliminarily scheduled, and plans must have been drawn up to end on a high somehow. I don't imagine Edgar meant to simply amble along blithely for another 36 months and then leave the office one day in 2017, never to return. When a group is almost half a century old, it can't just fade away. I'm guessing the other members had a pretty good sense of what the next three years were to have in store for them. These assumptions suggest to me that TD could very well continue another year or so, entirely in keeping with the wishes of EF and very much with his spirit enthusing the output.

Can't imagine how it would be, though. All I know is that, at 44 years old, I wouldn't want my family to break up and everything I've worked for to be left incomplete, if I were to move to a new cosmic address tomorrow.