Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

projekt-elektronik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Any news?

It has almost been another year.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

See "news update" here : http://thezest-2010.blogspot.fr/

14. Is FORCE MAJEURE - the TD/EF autobiography still being worked on? YES 100% - although the discovery of extra chapters has delayed translation & proof reading. Release date to be confirmed, but in 2016. Extracts from the book will be read out during the Vernissage on JAN 30, 2016 in BERLIN (see above).
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
projekt-elektronik

Much obliged.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Sean_Montgomery

Post by Sean_Montgomery »

I have a little theory, although I may be accused of being impolite for stating it. I wonder if the delay has been caused not because of the text of the book, but because of photographs. The book description promises "many so far unreleased photos". It looks to me that Jerome now has possession of the family archives (he's been posting samples on his Facebook wall for a while), and I can see why he wouldn't allow them to be used in the book. Maybe there has been a effort to find other pictures to use instead?
projekt-elektronik

What would these pictures depict? Little Jerome on the potty?

Outrageous.
Sean_Montgomery

Post by Sean_Montgomery »

Ah. Well, that's not what I was implying. Jerome has made it clear that he thinks the TD project should have ended with Edgar's passing. So I suspect that he would have no interest in co-operating with those who wish to keep the band project going. Pure speculation on my part, of course. In the end, the book can (and should) be published with or without Monica's behind-the-scenes photos.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Sean_Montgomery wrote:Ah. Well, that's not what I was implying. Jerome has made it clear that he thinks the TD project should have ended with Edgar's passing. So I suspect that he would have no interest in co-operating with those who wish to keep the band project going. Pure speculation on my part, of course. In the end, the book can (and should) be published with or without Monica's behind-the-scenes photos.

Yeah, but the book was started (and almost finished) before Edgar passed away, so you argument/theory holds no water...
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Sean_Montgomery wrote:Ah. Well, that's not what I was implying. Jerome has made it clear that he thinks the TD project should have ended with Edgar's passing. So I suspect that he would have no interest in co-operating with those who wish to keep the band project going. Pure speculation on my part, of course. In the end, the book can (and should) be published with or without Monica's behind-the-scenes photos.
We also know that there is some bad poohpooh with Mr. Franke. My guess is that there are a lot of things that Edgar might have said that everyone else thought should be cleaned up a little to prevent the whole thing from looking like a train wreck and just the life and loves of a megalomaniac, just like one of his heroes, Salvador Dali!

The pictures. I'm not sure these amount to anything of value. It helps make for a nice home film, or home book kind of thing. But there is something else, that is an issue, and it happened to my family ... my mom being an old gracious lady and trusting allowed some work to go out (private letters and such) and next thing you know there is a publication that had personal family stuff about the kids that got a few feathers really peed off ... I mean upset enough to start legal motions to remove all rights from mom, who's 94. IF, the biography had stuff like that, yeah, Bianca and whoever else, will be spending a lot of time cleaning it up and hoping to find a happy medium. That Jerome wants nothing to do with it, I tend to think that he has issues with some of that stuff and knowing that dad wrote it, and he might have made his decision right off, to ensure that he wants nothing to do with that not good, and show that there is not good over there that we do not need to see! Something like that.

It's hard to think that this book will be a great one right now ... this much time means changing a lot of stuff that Edgar might have had. Released as it was, would suggest that they allowed Edgar to be who he was ... but since it was not ... it's hard to consider/think ... what's left?
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED IN THE BOOK, it will be AUTHENTIC.
This was Edgar's wish.
And you can be sure that Edgar would not monkey around with vanities and gossip. FULL STOP.

EB (ADMIN)

PS: The book will be finalized this year, hopefully in summer. Thanks for your patience so far.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED IN THE BOOK, it will be AUTHENTIC.
This was Edgar's wish.
And you can be sure that Edgar would not monkey around with vanities and gossip. FULL STOP.

EB (ADMIN)

PS: The book will be finalized this year, hopefully in summer. Thanks for your patience so far.
The real fans will be patient and full understanding, imo.
I have no doubt concerning the book, everything what will be added is extra and will be cherished and appreciated.

Thanks for informing us EB !!

Peter
ant

Post by ant »

:) Thanks EB. I am very much looking forward to it and yes, I am sure it will authentic and genuine and in Edgar's words. Why would it be anything else? Hipgnosis always has his opinions but not many agree with, or, half the time, even understand them. 'In another world' comes to mind!! :)
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::) Thanks EB. I am very much looking forward to it and yes, I am sure it will authentic and genuine and in Edgar's words. Why would it be anything else? Hipgnosis always has his opinions but not many agree with, or, half the time, even understand them. 'In another world' comes to mind!! :)

Yes, very true. In another world indeed. Quite where some of his ideas come from I'm not quite sure.

The ramblings of a strange deluded person I suspect.

Oh well. Those of us that happily wait for the book will not be troubled to much by the theories or criticisms.
projekt-elektronik

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote: [...] PS: The book will be finalized this year, hopefully in summer. Thanks for your patience so far.
I will file this under Good News.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Thanks for the news, EB. Summer would be great indeed ! :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

ant wrote::) Thanks EB. I am very much looking forward to it and yes, I am sure it will authentic and genuine and in Edgar's words. Why would it be anything else? Hipgnosis always has his opinions but not many agree with, or, half the time, even understand them. 'In another world' comes to mind!! :)
Thanks EB ... and what is wrong with ideas and thoughts? ... do you have to wait for the media to tell you what to think?

Hint: A Tangerine Dream would not have survived in that situation!

Ohh, btw, yes I did buy it, because I still think it will be one of the best books of all of them ... that's how much I believe in it!