Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Ryoanji
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by Ryoanji »

EB - any update on this project and when the book will ship?

Festive Best Wishes from Scotland,
Ken
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Yes, was wondering about this much anticipated autobiography myself the other day. Thankfully I have already paid for my copy when it was very first announced.

Would be nice to have a little update on a firm release date.

The shop says December 2014 / Spring 2015.

Thanks.
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

An update would be highly appreciated. Yes, this type of work takes a lot of time but it would be a matter of politeness to keep those informed who have paid in advance.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Jon

Post by Jon »

I believe this book will be released when I hold it in my hands.

Not before.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

So 2014 has come and gone. Well, 4 more days left till 2015. No word on how the autobiography coming along. I'm sure we will see it by springtime. Fingers crossed. But maybe with the new Quantum chapter just beginning it may be put on the back burner for another 3 years.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I really hope this book sees the light of day.

I feel more compelled than ever to read it now.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:I really hope this book sees the light of day.

I feel more compelled than ever to read it now.
I'm glad I put my order in when it was first announced. Looking forward to reading Edgar's words. In the meantime I will listen to Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream forever.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

With Edgar's passing in mind, it seems even more doubtful to me that this book will ever be released (let alone the accompanying CDs) -- there has never been any Information on how far he had progressed, how many chapters were still to be finished etc. ...

Yet another loss to bemoan, I'm afraid.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

projekt-elektronik wrote:With Edgar's passing in mind, it seems even more doubtful to me that this book will ever be released (let alone the accompanying CDs) -- there has never been any Information on how far he had progressed, how many chapters were still to be finished etc. ...

Why are you doubting this? It says on the book page in the Web shop that it will be released. It's even updated after the tragic passing.
Raphalge

Post by Raphalge »

Seem to recall reading back before Christmas that the autobiography is actually fully complete, in German. It was just taking longer than anticipated to translate it into English. So it's a question of when, not if.
ant

Post by ant »

:) As far as I know Edgar had completed his autobiography and the delay was due to the version being translated into English, so I am sure we will receive it later this year and when I get my copy it will take pride of place in my house and will be, along with Edgar's signed ESP guitar, my most prized possessions. :)
Biggus Dickus
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

Insvims wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote:With Edgar's passing in mind, it seems even more doubtful to me that this book will ever be released (let alone the accompanying CDs) -- there has never been any Information on how far he had progressed, how many chapters were still to be finished etc. ...

Why are you doubting this? It says on the book page in the Web shop that it will be released. It's even updated after the tragic passing.

The Online-shop says: "Due to Edgar Froese's passing away we will need some additional time!! Thank you for your understanding". That is absolutely o.k., otherwiese I am irritaded, because the book seems to be finnsihed, it was just the translation in English that takes more time. So my question is, why does the book take up to 9 months longer because of Edgars passing away, when it is only a problem of translating? I don' t want to be cynical as I am still in mourning, but I think it must be allowed to ask for just a small statement from Eastgate-Shop.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Where does the 9 months longer come from?? As far as I am aware last year they said it would be around spring 2015. They are still saying it will be 2015 but are not saying when. It may well be that since Edgar's passing they now wish to add something in that regard to the publication!! Why do you need a statement from Eastgate? If it is delayed then it is delayed, it is not the end of the world. Patience is a virtue plus all good things come to those who wait. :)
Biggus Dickus
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

ant wrote::? Where does the 9 months longer come from?? As far as I am aware last year they said it would be around spring 2015. They are still saying it will be 2015 but are not saying when. It may well be that since Edgar's passing they now wish to add something in that regard to the publication!! Why do you need a statement from Eastgate? If it is delayed then it is delayed, it is not the end of the world. Patience is a virtue plus all good things come to those who wait. :)

Ant, you' re totally right, I just thought of the Fans who already paid in advance and might be irritated what happens now.

But sorry, I didn' t want to annoy anyone here, it is one of the few forums here which is absolutely free from insults or personal attacks, so I apologize if anyone feels affected from my last post. I have to admit that I had some problems to translate my thoughts in English, this may cause misunderstandings, too.

After all: I have no problem waiting for the book some months more and as I didn' t ordered it yet, it may take as long as they need to finish it. And yes, the idea of adding some parts in cause of Edgars death is a good explanation for a delay. I didn' t thought about that myself, I have to admit.
ant

Post by ant »

:) No problem dream-fan, I understand. As you say, some of your comments may have been lost in translation. :)
Biggus Dickus