28th September 1988 in Vancouver

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

28th September 1988 in Vancouver

Post by Cyclone »

The last concert of the Optical Race Tour took place on 28th September 1988 in Vancouver.
The Dream Gallery lists this concert as Orpheum Theater, Vancouver, U.S.A, but an Optical Race advert says Queen Elizabeth Theater, Vancouver, Canada. For me Canada is more probable because the day before TD played in Seattle, WA, USA which is not far away of Vancouver, Canada.
Does anybody know it exactly?
Jon

Post by Jon »

I guess Vancouver has always been in Canada.

I never realized that TD had as much as 3 months left of the year after they had finished the tour. Lots of time to score Dead Solid Perfect and Miracle Mile then.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Jon wrote:I guess Vancouver has always been in Canada.
... okay, most probably Canada (although there is a Vancouver, WA, USA). But: Orpheum Theatre or Queen Elizabeth Theatre?
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I have been here in Vancouver (USA) since 1982 ... and there is not and to my knowledge, there never was an Orpheum Theatre ... could this be another venue in Seattle , which would be on the way to Vancouver, Canada, from here?

Vancouver, WA is not a place for "arts" and these people kinda live in the top ten and country music ... TD did play here in 87 I think on the Arlene Schnitzler Hall, which is the high class, upper snotty theater in town for all the "arts". 20 years later, they need the money and now they also do Dream Theater and Queensryche!

Thx
Erik

Post by Erik »

i'm not familiar with the show you are referring to, Hipgnosis. i didn't think that had more than one or two shows in 1987
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Erik wrote:i'm not familiar with the show you are referring to, Hipgnosis. i didn't think that had more than one or two shows in 1987
He spoke about TD's concert in Portland, OR 1986, I think.
tangram80

Re: 28th September 1988 in Vancouver

Post by tangram80 »

Cyclone wrote:The last concert of the Optical Race Tour took place on 28th September 1988 in Vancouver.
The Dream Gallery lists this concert as Orpheum Theater, Vancouver, U.S.A, but an Optical Race advert says Queen Elizabeth Theater, Vancouver, Canada. For me Canada is more probable because the day before TD played in Seattle, WA, USA which is not far away of Vancouver, Canada.
Does anybody know it exactly?
I have this concert poster and I can confirm the following:
City in which the concert took place: Vancouver, Canada.
Venue at which the concert took place: the Orpheum

My evidence:
1. the poster shows a little 'ticket master' logo with small words 'vancouver ticket centre' plus a phone number '280-4444'. I checked the net and this phone number still is valid for Vancouver BC - the whole number with area code is (604)280-4444. Thus, this concert took place in Canada, not USA.

2. as for the venue, it only says 'the Orpheum', not 'Orpheum Theatre'. I have no idea where it is exactly. I searched 'the Orpheum' and Google gave me the following one only result: 884 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1K3.

I leave it to someone who live in Vancouver to check out its existence....

Hope the above helps,

Jeffrey
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche
tangram80

Post by tangram80 »

Cyclone wrote:
Erik wrote:i'm not familiar with the show you are referring to, Hipgnosis. i didn't think that had more than one or two shows in 1987
He spoke about TD's concert in Portland, OR 1986, I think.
Yes, this concert took place in Portland in 1986, at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. The poster says 'Schnitzer Concert Hall', does not say 'Portland' either, but it bears the radio station logo 'KGON 92.3' which is in Portland (thanks for the convenience of the internet smal details like these can be counterchecked).
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

tangram80 wrote: ... The poster says 'Schnitzer Concert Hall', does not say 'Portland' either, but it bears the radio station logo 'KGON 92.3' which is in Portland (thanks for the convenience of the internet smal details like these can be counterchecked).
Do you have a link to a poster?