My Moog's bigger than your Moog ;)

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:oh yes aks....

in those days, reading the equipment lists on the td lps,was almost as exotic and exciting as the music.......moog modular? nice but whadda bout projekt elektronik rythym computer or oberheim or er, MELLOTRON

i used to get very nerdy then about the equipment............... :arrow:

td are.were. will be beyond their time
If only I could show the photos of the PE modular I have...sadly they just sit in my hard drive ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

post pics of the PE or BM will, er.....continue to post unintelligible gibberish :arrow: :wink:

td were/are the masters of the technology they had/have to hand.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I've often toyed with the idea of building a modular synth. I've built a few other electronic gizmos in the past. How hard can it be?
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:I've often toyed with the idea of building a modular synth. I've built a few other electronic gizmos in the past. How hard can it be?
A bit at a time?, probably not too bad I guess. But to be honest you can buy all the modules ready made. Unless you want to make the whole character, patch and mod routing different to anybody elses, then I'd say go for it.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

here isa good start

http://moogarchives.com/forum/viewtopic ... ffce978371

back in the early 80s, maplin and electronic and music maker mag, always had great articles/kits to build synths............these days? pah....buy arturia
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:I've often toyed with the idea of building a modular synth. I've built a few other electronic gizmos in the past. How hard can it be?
Piece of kick Chris. You should be able to knock one up in your lunch break! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Piece of kick Chris. You should be able to knock one up in your lunch break! :wink:
9 week lunch breaks, he doesn't work for network rail by any chance?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:here isa good start

back in the early 80s, maplin and electronic and music maker mag, always had great articles/kits to build synths............these days? pah....buy arturia
Actually the Arturia software was one of the reasons it's been at the fore-front of my mind. I've been having extreme amounts of fun with the demo version but have been getting a wee bit p*ssed off that it's not all on one screen, that the modules aren't in the order I'd like them and do you really need so many oscillators? Hence the idea of having a go.

The circuits themselves should be very simple, the parts should be really cheap. The only problem that I can see is getting it presentable so it doesn't look like a load of boxes stuck together.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:

Actually the Arturia software was one of the reasons it's been at the fore-front of my mind. I've been having extreme amounts of fun with the demo version but have been getting a wee bit p*ssed off that it's not all on one screen, that the modules aren't in the order I'd like them and do you really need so many oscillators? Hence the idea of having a go.

The circuits themselves should be very simple, the parts should be really cheap. The only problem that I can see is getting it presentable so it doesn't look like a load of boxes stuck together.
I don't think you can complain too much about the Arturia...so much bang fer yer buck, but you can't beat actually touching the real patch leads and controls, you'll never get that level of interaction with a softsynth.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I would love to get my hands on an original synthi vcs3...or even one of the re manufactured ones.......but alas, cash is short due to astoria ticket vigil :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

I don't think you can complain too much about the Arturia...so much bang fer yer buck, but you can't beat actually touching the real patch leads and controls, you'll never get that level of interaction with a softsynth.
Heck no. I ain't compaining. I've had immense amounts of fun and it's a lot less likely to do damage to the house than guitar posing. :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BigMoog?......forgeddaboudit

this is a BIGMOOG:

more at synthmuseum.com
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:post pics of the PE or BM will, er.....continue to post unintelligible gibberish :arrow: :wink:

td were/are the masters of the technology they had/have to hand.
Can't, I don't own the originals and I can't contact the guy who sent them to me....shame though, they're lush!
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Actually the Arturia software was one of the reasons it's been at the fore-front of my mind. I've been having extreme amounts of fun with the demo version but have been getting a wee bit p*ssed off that it's not all on one screen, that the modules aren't in the order I'd like them and do you really need so many oscillators? Hence the idea of having a go.

Heck no. I ain't compaining. I've had immense amounts of fun and it's a lot less likely to do damage to the house than guitar posing. :D
Purists would say it doesn't sound the same, but then again who has access to a real Modular apart from Synth collectors?
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

24db thanks for the 1980 photos. I have two old tatty ones left from my first TD concert in Dublin in 1980 - however the bloody curtin and the old tin box of a camera I was using did not see eye to eye and nothing came out well at all. I can now make sense of them, particularly the two guitars.

I have all the Auturia soft synths and I think their great !!!! :D
David Fox