Nick Mason Mix of Invisible Limits

burningbrain
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Nick Mason Mix of Invisible Limits

Post by burningbrain »

I think many of you have noticed and listened to the Nick Mason Mix of Invisible Limits on the TD-Web-Radio.
Who do you think?

It's a great mix, but the drumming is not real. It's clearly noticeable that someone (jerome mabye) put some sampled drums over it. And this was not done in 1976 by Nick Mason.
You can clearly hear the original Snare-drumroll buried behind the overdubbed sample-rums in the middle of the Track.
24db

Post by 24db »

Still great music though, it's on this level that music stands or falls ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Still great music though, it's on this level that music stands or falls ;)
Ive listened to it numerous times and its rather good IMHO :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Still great music though, it's on this level that music stands or falls ;)
Definately awesome and better than the original, IMHO. :o
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

I am thoroughly enjoying this particular version of the song. My only complaint is that the TD Radio does not have a fast-forward or rewind button so that I can go straight to it or repeat it if I want to instead of having to wait half an hour for the song to come up. (BTW, I wonder how often TDI will update the Radio portion of this forum?)
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

rotwang wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying this particular version of the song. My only complaint is that the TD Radio does not have a fast-forward or rewind button so that I can go straight to it or repeat it if I want to instead of having to wait half an hour for the song to come up. (BTW, I wonder how often TDI will update the Radio portion of this forum?)
Try going a 'Disc cleanup' on your computer...and then view the files, chances are the radio MP3 will be in there, simply save it and then fast forward it to any part in Windows Media player (I'm guessing you're using Windows, so apologises if you're an Apple fan)
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

The Fast Forward Button works fine to me. It's a little bit slow.
But I grabbed it anyway.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Got this on disc now and it sounds bloody superb :D Shepton man youre a Genius :wink:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:Got this on disc now and it sounds bloody superb :D Shepton man youre a Genius :wink:
Careful Colin someone may be watching
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Got this on disc now and it sounds bloody superb :D Shepton man youre a Genius :wink:
Careful Colin someone may be watching

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Definately awesome and better than the original, IMHO. :o
I like the sparseness of the original myself (the only track I ever really play on this release - shame on me :lol: ), but I have to say it's one of the better re-mixes (well, it's a re-mix now despite it probably being done first).

If THAT'S how good they can get an old cassette to sound, I've a couple of boxes full for "them" to have a go at.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DSJR wrote:If THAT'S how good they can get an old cassette to sound, I've a couple of boxes full for "them" to have a go at.....
I wondered about that. It sounds very good for a cassette that has been knocking about for 30 odd years.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
DSJR wrote:If THAT'S how good they can get an old cassette to sound, I've a couple of boxes full for "them" to have a go at.....
I wondered about that. It sounds very good for a cassette that has been knocking about for 30 odd years.
With developments in sound mastering it doesn't surpise me. Our drummer works in a mastering suite, and we did some mastering of our bands material from 1984 last year from a shitty old tape - the results were amazing, also he had a dat recording of a gig we did a few years ago, when he played it all that could be heard was drums & vocals, by the time he'd finished all 5 musicians could be heard very evenly.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Chris Monk wrote:
Even thirty year old cassettes made on a top end Nakamichi don't sound THAT convincing.......................

:wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

DSJR wrote:
I like the sparseness of the original myself (the only track I ever really play on this release - shame on me :lol: )
Yes shame on you! Lock yourself in a room and listen to the majesty of the Mighty Stratosfear. :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese