Chris Franke - The London Concert

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

alipaul wrote:Okay but it would interesting to know what people rate his contributions to EM are ?

Whats he done since TD that as made him stand out

Lately I have been listening to a lot of "new" music coming out by some artists who seem to have a big following in the electronic music scene. I listen with an open mind but I am always disappointed by the lack of originality. I am not a musician but even I know when something is just rehashed.

The reason I am mentioning this is because recently I listened to all of Chris Frankes solo stuff from 1991 when PCH came out up to 1996 when he released The Celestine Prohphecy. Those 5 albums he brought out in that 5 year period is outstanding music and even today 12 years later sounds a lot better than the majority of new stuff coming out at the moment(mainly from GB acts I must add).

It is quite amusing to me that there are acts now doing the TD formula of yesterday yet the main man himself Edgar Froese is producing music of the sort of originality you would expect from the new and upcoming acts.
I guess what I am trying to get at is I find annoying that Chris Franke gets slagged off so much yet acts that just do a rehashed 70s TD sound get hero worship. It is ironic to me that Chris Franke was part of that period of TD that so many acts like to copy nowdays and seem to sell so many albums.

It is sad a man of CF talant seems to be happy making B5 music and scoring for not good movies and Supernanny US. But for his contribution to TD and his early solo music he deserves a bit more respect than what he seems to get.

I wont get involved with slagging him off anyway :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:Bit unkind on Chris. I have a lot of repsect for him even if it seems he has "sold out". He still deserves respect for his contribution to TD and Electronic music in general
That's a fair point. After all he was in TD for .... err 16 years, wasn't it? That demands some respect. I can't say how much of a contribution he made but it must have been quite sizable. I suspect that a lot of the ill feeling there is towards him is due to the fans feeling that he has wasted his talents since leaving TD.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
cantosis wrote:Bit unkind on Chris. I have a lot of repsect for him even if it seems he has "sold out". He still deserves respect for his contribution to TD and Electronic music in general
That's a fair point. After all he was in TD for .... err 16 years, wasn't it? That demands some respect. I can't say how much of a contribution he made but it must have been quite sizable. I suspect that a lot of the ill feeling there is towards him is due to the fans feeling that he has wasted his talents since leaving TD.

Possibly true but I think because Edgar has openly got some ill feelings towards him since he left a lot of fans like to take Edgar`s side which is fair enough. but with me just being just a TD fan and a listener I would rather not get involved in the politics of it all and just enjoy the music. :arrow:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

it seems to have been the same with a lot of td fans since c f left td,i know it was quite a shock to me when he left the band and did not like the idea of a td without him ,however as i have said before his early solo stuff was very good. some fans tend to slag him off for leaving td and always will regardless wether his music is brilliant or rubbish i for one think that this is a shame and after all this time its time to let go :roll: :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

GAZZ wrote:it seems to have been the same with a lot of td fans since c f left td,i know it was quite a shock to me when he left the band and did not like the idea of a td without him ,however as i have said before his early solo stuff was very good. some fans tend to slag him off for leaving td and always will regardless wether his music is brilliant or rubbish i for one think that this is a shame and after all this time its time to let go :roll: :roll:
I've never read anything where Chris was slagged off for leaving the group, the only criticism I've ever read was for the music he went on to do.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I for one have hardly ever got involved in this topic,so there has been no slagging from me...
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
GAZZ wrote:it seems to have been the same with a lot of td fans since c f left td,i know it was quite a shock to me when he left the band and did not like the idea of a td without him ,however as i have said before his early solo stuff was very good. some fans tend to slag him off for leaving td and always will regardless wether his music is brilliant or rubbish i for one think that this is a shame and after all this time its time to let go :roll: :roll:
I've never read anything where Chris was slagged off for leaving the group, the only criticism I've ever read was for the music he went on to do.
My sentiments exactly
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

apparently there is a video of the chris franke concert. this i would love to see as i didn't even know about the concert or i would have gone. if anyone has got a copy of this please don't deprive us anymore stick it on u-tube so we can see what we missed thanx :roll: :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

GAZZ wrote:apparently there is a video of the chris franke concert. this i would love to see as i didn't even know about the concert or i would have gone. if anyone has got a copy of this please don't deprive us anymore stick it on u-tube so we can see what we missed thanx :roll: :roll:
I sold my copy on eBay a few months back (about 20+ minutes from the gig)...not bad

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I do have the CF footage on DVDr and its not bad at all,his music partner Richard Roth plays on there with him.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:I do have the CF footage on DVDr and its not bad at all,his music partner Richard Roth plays on there with him.
It is not to be found at youtube?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would love to see some footage of that
jacob

Post by jacob »

I personally think his soundtrack (not including the other artists) for "What The Bleep Do We Know" is very nice.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

24db wrote: I've never read anything where Chris was slagged off for leaving the group, the only criticism I've ever read was for the music he went on to do.
That's pretty much it. I've added my twopence worth in the past, and I own most of CF's solo output. :lol: I still believe that he is capable of something very special but has not stretched himself out of his comfort zone.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

wayfarer wrote:
24db wrote: I've never read anything where Chris was slagged off for leaving the group, the only criticism I've ever read was for the music he went on to do.
That's pretty much it. I've added my twopence worth in the past, and I own most of CF's solo output. :lol: I still believe that he is capable of something very special but has not stretched himself out of his comfort zone.
I agree that he could be very talented but what as he done that sets the EM world alight.
An unkind ex friend of mine once described Td music as music for supermarkets/lifts i'm sorry to say it's more likely Asda will be knocking on CF's door :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache