Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
...

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Im coming in my pants :shock:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Im coming in my pants :shock:


Glossing over that bit ;) it does make you think what happened to the tape, or if it was re-used for another TD project. Btw also in the same interview Peter and Edgar said they wanted to release it completely as it was...ah how times have changed ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:54 pm 
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:04 pm 
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)


But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
the sequencer (especially in B*rlin Schule) is under used*....only TD (1974-1977) utilised sequences in de studio and live in a way no other musician matched ever......er...maybe


the above is opinion, disguised as fact :wink:





*....by that I mean, its all too easy

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
I think Sequencers are overused in a certain manner. Listen to the Peter Baumann solos of Romance '76 and Transharmonic Nights to hear how one could use sequencers, and you get a tiny hint at the incredible potential of these instruments.

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)


But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.


Nah, without something else you'd soon get bored ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)


But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.


Nah, without something else you'd soon get bored ;)


I've got a beer as well! :wink:

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)


Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come

I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.


it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)


But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.


Nah, without something else you'd soon get bored ;)


I've got a beer as well! :wink:


Oh well, if you've got a beer that's fair enough ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage