dream of a solo concert from Edgar

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

dream of a solo concert from Edgar

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Today in my car I was playing "Orange Light Years" and I was dreaming of a solo concert from Edgar ,an intimist concert .There are so many good tracks in the solo production from Edgar that we don't know in live version (except talking to maddox in sbe 2005, and one short extract from Kamikaze in frankfurt 83).We can imagine the hapiness of the fans during the first notes from stuntman ,or thinking to the emotions from Colin with his famous t-shirt during the first notes from Metropolis. It could be an occasion to discover the new tracks from "View from a red train". But it was just a dream.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
epsilon75

Re: dream of a solo concert from Edgar

Post by epsilon75 »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Today in my car I was playing "Orange Light Years" and I was dreaming of a solo concert from Edgar ,an intimist concert .There are so many good tracks in the solo production from Edgar that we don't know in live version (except talking to maddox in sbe 2005, and one short extract from Kamikaze in frankfurt 83).We can imagine the hapiness of the fans during the first notes from stuntman ,or thinking to the emotions from Colin with his famous t-shirt during the first notes from Metropolis. It could be an occasion to discover the new tracks from "View from a red train". But it was just a dream.

Charles
Charles

This is something i have thought about many times,im sure that it would be a very special occasion for many people,and many people have mentioned this to me over the years........Maybe EF could do this with the help of another person,there is plenty of wonderful music that could be played,but would the maestro really want to do it........only he knows. :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Today in my car I was playing "Orange Light Years" and I was dreaming of a solo concert from Edgar ,an intimist concert .There are so many good tracks in the solo production from Edgar that we don't know in live version (except talking to maddox in sbe 2005, and one short extract from Kamikaze in frankfurt 83).We can imagine the hapiness of the fans during the first notes from stuntman ,or thinking to the emotions from Colin with his famous t-shirt during the first notes from Metropolis. It could be an occasion to discover the new tracks from "View from a red train". But it was just a dream.

Charles
Edgar also played part of Epsilon in Maylasian Pale live, Balbo '75 if I recall. Maybe '76,
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

If we keep making a lot of noise about this on the forum then perhaps Edgar would be tempted to do some solo gigs!!

I'd especially like to here these live:

The Light Cone
Stuntman(definite must)
Dalumination(definite, definite must - I'd personaly have to bring a hanky for that one i'ts beautiful)
Vault of the Heavens
Tropic of capricorn(imagine the elation from the audience if it was played all the way through!!)
Maroubra Bay (rite spellin' ??)

I thought a question and answer session with the great man during the performance would be good too!!!!

He could easily do a sell out night at the Royal Albert!!! :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i am sure we will have a solo edgar gig in the next year or so
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

This is a great idea. I would love to hear classics from all his albums - there have been times over the past decades that I have preferred EF's solo albums over any of TD's output.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

Might be good, Edgar? :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Edgar Froese

= The Greatest :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im listening to the maestro now

Scarlet Score For Mescalero

Genius

Always brings a tear to the eye :cry:

Edgar Froese= Champion
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:Edgar Froese

Edgar is definitely the musician who's most important to me, of all time. A genius, even he talks nonsense!
timer

Post by timer »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Edgar Froese

Edgar is definitely the musician who's most important to me, of all time. A genius, even he talks nonsense!
:shock:

Nonsense JP ?

I totally agree with your sentiment apart from the nonscense bit ! :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:

Charles
Charles

This is something i have thought about many times,im sure that it would be a very special occasion for many people,and many people have mentioned this to me over the years........Maybe EF could do this with the help of another person,there is plenty of wonderful music that could be played,but would the maestro really want to do it........only he knows. :wink:
This was talked about many times on the old forum. I for one would welcome the chance of hearing some of Edgar's solo material live, be it old stuff or new stuff.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

What a great idea although to be fair nowdays TD is just Edgar really, since Jerome left I don`t have that connection with Thorston or Bernard. I just see a TD concert as Edgar and a couple of session players. Linda being the exception as she has always been TD since I started seeing them live in the 90s.

But it would be great to see Edgar on stage alone, I am sure it would be quite an emotional gig and I for one wouldn`t care what he played and whether it was live or not.

Bring it on Edgar!!!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

what did he play at that corporate thing he did with Linda a few weeks back ? anybody know
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:what did he play at that corporate thing he did with Linda a few weeks back ? anybody know
I guess we'll never know, unless EB can help us here