Thorsten has great taste!

David Ryle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Thorsten has great taste!

Post by David Ryle »

Mr. Quaeschning plays three of my favorite synths on the London Astoria video. The Virus TI, V-synth and Radias.

I haven't seen the Orange Odyssey Eberswalde DVD yet (it's on order), and I didn't make the Frankfurt ONIS concert, so I don't know what he is using currently.

Edgar is banging away on a Nord 3 from the photos I've seen. Nice board!

I guess all those PPG Wave 2 sounds are emulated on these new boards now?

...just some curious observations from an old synth freak. :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

Re: Frankfurt: Thorsten also uses the Memotron (to his right, with his Laptop on it). He was also using some rack mounted modules to his left (Edgar also had a rack with one of the same units: the one with the green display and two rows of knobs...a sequencer?):

Full sized photo of the Memotron:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/manikin/me ... G_6655.jpg

At a guess most of the sounds are stored in computer hard-disc (the neon lit ones the band has been using for 3 years).

Thorsten's studio equipment and keyboards:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... pment.html
Last edited by 24db on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Is a Memotron a digital Mellotron? If yes, where in the world does a Mellotron sound show up in TD's current music?
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:Is a Memotron a digital Mellotron? If yes, where in the world does a Mellotron sound show up in TD's current music?
MFD
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:Is a Memotron a digital Mellotron? If yes, where in the world does a Mellotron sound show up in TD's current music?
MFD
Anywhere else in recent live gigs?
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
MFD
Drop Thorsten a note on his Myspace page and ask him
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote: MFD
Drop Thorsten a note on his Myspace page and ask him
OK. I just thought that someone would have spotted the 'tron sound on a recent TD piece. It's fairly easy to do so. I havent heard any blatent use of 'tron sounds. Not like the old days anyway.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

24db wrote:He was also using some rack mounted modules to his left (Edgar also had a rack with one of the same units: the one with the green display and two rows of knobs...a sequencer?):
Manikin Schrittmacher Sequenzer
24db

Post by 24db »

burningbrain wrote:
24db wrote:He was also using some rack mounted modules to his left (Edgar also had a rack with one of the same units: the one with the green display and two rows of knobs...a sequencer?):
Nice spot, cheers BB. I thought it was something like that but I've stopped buying synths and Em gear so I'm not up with the more recent names

http://www.manikin-electronic.com/produ ... ption.html

EUR 1,599.00? ouch!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
burningbrain wrote:
Nice spot, cheers BB. I thought it was something like that but I've stopped buying synths and Em gear so I'm not up with the more recent names

http://www.manikin-electronic.com/produ ... ption.html

EUR 1,599.00? ouch!
Noticed both TQ and Edgar using one of these. They would lean over occasionally, wind through a selection of preset sequences and then kick it off. I assumed it was an attempt by TD to show how the music was being created rather than just getting a computer to play the sequence.

Having said that I wonder if Edgar has been bitten by the sequencer bug again. Many of the latest releases have been very sequencer based.
timer

Post by timer »

Looks like a tasty bit of kit. And EF & TQ are using them they can't be bad ! not a bad price either ! Hmmmmm!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I notice TD didn't go for the limited edition signed by Klaus Schulze. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:I notice TD didn't go for the limited edition signed by Klaus Schulze. :wink:
another 'deal' for Mr Claws Shorts ;)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Yep he Good. :wink:
What I can Say. :lol:

:!: :arrow:
Froesesque

Re: Thorsten has great taste!

Post by Froesesque »

David Ryle wrote:Mr. Quaeschning plays three of my favorite synths on the London Astoria video. The Virus TI, V-synth and Radias.

I haven't seen the Orange Odyssey Eberswalde DVD yet (it's on order), and I didn't make the Frankfurt ONIS concert, so I don't know what he is using currently.

Edgar is banging away on a Nord 3 from the photos I've seen. Nice board!

I guess all those PPG Wave 2 sounds are emulated on these new boards now?

...just some curious observations from an old synth freak. :lol:
Yeah, if you use the zoom on your DVD you can see that Linda has got the Korg M1 softsynth on her laptop (part of the legacycollection). Some gorgeous sounds on that too!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!